Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Virtually Nobody Plays Ground PVP
If you do, then please don't take offense, you are in an extreme minority among people who PVP in STO.

I have an idea that will do 2 things to improve ground arena in game.

1 big problem with Ground Arena is Spawn Camping. It's so prevalent because it actually takes effort NOT to do it! Somewhere or another 1 team ends up in the other team's spawn and then it's just shooting fish in a bucket from there on out. It's like haveing a magic doorway that the enemy has no choice but to walk through. They don't call them verticle coffins in the marines for nothing (doorways),

Redo the Ground Arena Maps so that each team has a Barracks with some limited automated defenses.

The ground assault map is somewhat compelling in that it's not as easy to get away with spawn camping on. I've been thinking that the Arena Maps should have a safeguard to discourage spawn camping. I think an enclosed spawn area with a couple of turrets outside of it would be ideal. If nothing else, it would be great just to get a few automated turrets surrouding each team's spawn area in arena.

This change would help to alleviate quite a bit of frustration felt by ground arena combatants.

It is, in essence, a failure of the balance of the current map that this feature isn't included. I mean, 1 team can basically get an enourmous terrain advantage and keep it, almost effortlessly. People become quite upset when they respawn just to be vaporized after a few seconds of failing to defend themselves. If I had a cryptic point for every time I heard someone complaining about spawn camping, I could have bought a Dreadnaught with them by now.

Thanks for reading!

I know I don't use a lot of fancy color and fonts in my posts, but I hope that people will read this and agree that my idea could help to make Ground PVP a little more interesting and fun for everyone! Please post feedback!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LupineLunatic View Post
[If I had a cryptic point for every time I heard someone complaining about spawn camping, I could have bought a Dreadnaught with them by now.
What? We already had 1333 PvP Ground Kills over the last 2 years! That's incredible!

I always thought that having some kind of elevator or beam-out point would be good. You get a starting point in safe area no one can reach without respawning there (and each faction has its own, of course), and from there you use a transporter to one of several transport destinations. This would spawn campaign pretty hopeless. If the enemies spread around and "camp" all spawn points, the team can just regroup up there, and beam together at one spawn point and overwhelm enemies there, turning the tide of battle.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I always thought that having some kind of elevator or beam-out point would be good. You get a starting point in safe area no one can reach without respawning there (and each faction has its own, of course), and from there you use a transporter to one of several transport destinations. This would spawn campaign pretty hopeless. If the enemies spread around and "camp" all spawn points, the team can just regroup up there, and beam together at one spawn point and overwhelm enemies there, turning the tide of battle.
I liked that about the CoH/CoV PvP maps.