Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-11-2011, 07:36 PM
The Nebula and another ship which I can't think of can't be claimed via the C-Store tab. You have to go to the Shipyard and "purchase" it as you would a normal ship.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
After much messing around it seems it just doesnt register as available the same as other ships. all ships purchased you are only supposed to be able to have one active of at a time i.e to have another on another character you would need to decommission the existing one first, or so I am led to believe.
On a side note while messing around I also noticed the New Venture class Refit isnt listed in the Ship Requisitions vendor at all, so if you buy that the only apparent way to redeem that one is via the Cstor window itself, which again is odd and confusion causing.
The ships you purchase are account wide purchases. The ships are not one per account but one per character. You cannot have two of the c-store ships on one character but you can have more than one ship on an account as long as you are dealing with different eligible characters.

I have three VAs and some of the same ships are claimed on more than one toon.

If there is something preventing you from claiming a ship on more than one eligible character, it is a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-11-2011, 10:42 PM
I just went over to the C-Store section of this site and when you bring up the nebula refit it says in bold letters next to the picture of the ship "This item will be unlocked for every character on your account." So this would lead me to believe you are running into a bug here and not a new policy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-11-2011, 11:53 PM
I'd report it as a bug, one of the devs saw this happening and confirmed it was a bug and not intended behavior.

As an aside, tracking purchases per-character rather than per-account isn't something Cryptic wants to do anyway, they may make more money but it is a serious drain on DB resources and accounting.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-12-2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPenguin73 View Post
The Nebula and another ship which I can't think of can't be claimed via the C-Store tab. You have to go to the Shipyard and "purchase" it as you would a normal ship.
yep, a couple of the ships are claimed differently.

every ship in the store is account wide.
Lt. Commander
# 16 this.....
10-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

Revo you da man.......solid voice of reason? Note though that i as well have rare occurances to a bug that seemed to jam up the plumbing on holo from time to time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
I had heard rumors that this change was possible for F2P, but it sounded like such a bad idea I didn't give it credit.
Well there's your mistake there.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

Revo is correct folks, if you check back to my post #8 in this thread I explained what the problem was and why it was seeming as if it wasn't account wide. It was Cryptics fault for changing the way it is listed before and after purchase as it does not show up like all the others you may have purchased before, which makes it misleading and confusion causing.

but it IS account wide.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-12-2011, 07:18 PM
one of the main issues i had with Champions going free to play was the character based stuff rather than the account wide. In a game like this where you WANT to role multiple times it's kind of a kick in the teeth. Especially if they're going to be the same price or higher.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Path to F2P Dev Blog #10
A rumor went around this past week that some C-Store ships would be for a single character. This is not true. All C-Store purchased ships at this time are unlocked for all characters on an account. We may release some ships that are for a single character in the future, but we do not plan to do so with the existing ship line-up.
And there we go. Very good news.

Z