Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
10-18-2011, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
I think I may have misse dsomething here, every other ship I have ever purchased on the C-Store, especially the 1200 pt ones has ALWAYS been an account wide unlock for all my characters who can use it.

However now it seems they are PER CHARACTER purchases? when did this happen, when was this announced?

this does not seem particularly fair going from same priced items that were for an entire account to same priced items for a single character.

Having just spent 1200 pts on a ship expecting it to be an account unlock like every other one Ive purchased before has been (which is manY) has left me FAR from impressed.
I have purchased every ship, and they all unlocked account wide, save one, the galaxy refit I bought.

I went back and fourth with the Dev's and they insisted that it was not per account...

...and this was months ago.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-18-2011, 06:20 AM
heh I love how folks only read the first and last posts and nothing in-between

I say again (third or fourth time so far) this issue was resolved, ships are ACCOUNT wide, this issue was resolved and it was confusion caused by Cryptic changing the way some of the ships list when purchased in comparion to the majority of the others that is misleading, but they ARE account wide.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Quote:
I think I may have misse dsomething here, every other ship I have ever purchased on the C-Store, especially the 1200 pt ones has ALWAYS been an account wide unlock for all my characters who can use it.

However now it seems they are PER CHARACTER purchases? when did this happen, when was this announced?

this does not seem particularly fair going from same priced items that were for an entire account to same priced items for a single character.

Having just spent 1200 pts on a ship expecting it to be an account unlock like every other one Ive purchased before has been (which is manY) has left me FAR from impressed.
So I know the OP has posted several times in this thread and other questions have come up so I picked his first post to quote.

Here is two quotes from cryptic on this matter...

The other news for Federation captains is that the Excelsior and Nebula class starships in the Commander tier are moving from being available in the game to being sold on the C-Store. This change is being tried in order to balance the offerings at each tier. These ships are also getting an upgrade so that they include a valuable console item. Both will be getting an additional console slot and the Excelsior will be getting an additional Bridge Officer slot. Players who have one of these ships prior to the F2P build going to Holodeck will find that their ships are upgraded and receive the additional console item.

A rumor went around this past week that some C-Store ships would be for a single character. This is not true. All C-Store purchased ships at this time are unlocked for all characters on an account. We may release some ships that are for a single character in the future, but we do not plan to do so with the existing ship line-up.

Also keep in mind if you buy a ship on the C-Store then you can always reclaim it but some times you have to go to the ship vendor at ESD or the Ship yards to do so. It will not always let you claim it from the store. Not sure if you guys have tried that or not. Plus the C-Store on F2P test is NOT connected to the regular C-Store right now. So anything you bought on holo from the C-store you will not have accesses to unless you use the free points and buy it again. This only applies to tribble and will change but that is how it is now.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
heh I love how folks only read the first and last posts and nothing in-between

I say again (third or fourth time so far) this issue was resolved, ships are ACCOUNT wide, this issue was resolved and it was confusion caused by Cryptic changing the way some of the ships list when purchased in comparion to the majority of the others that is misleading, but they ARE account wide.
And yes your right it was resolved in the thread just figured I would add my two cents in case someone ever found this on a search.