Lt. Commander
# 51
10-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
It was bomb like, but it still had decks and labs for the crew to use. There was a massive impulse engine at the back of it, along with 4 anti-matter storage pods. These were burried deep in the nose, and is also why there was a heaver concentration of ablative armor plate above the nose as well.

http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com...mas_sys_22.jpg
Having a look at the Defiant Schematic on your link and can see that it had landing gears! Why oh why did they never land the ship, like they did with Voyager.

I always thought it made more sense that a Defiant Class could land more than an Intrepid as the Defiant is flater and would be more balanced on the ground, whereas the intrepid has its saucer stick out from the front landing gear, I always wondered what stopped the intrepid tipping forward.

Anyways, would have loved to have seen it in the show.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strorus
Having a look at the Defiant Schematic on your link and can see that it had landing gears! Why oh why did they never land the ship, like they did with Voyager.
That's simple. The writers didn't know about them.
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I don't understand why the STO ship designers like to add clutter to the surfaces of the ships. If you watch Star Trek there are very few ships with these features and tend to have smooth edges. Also the STO ships tend to have warp nacelles that are very knife like.