Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipermist
You think 5 science captains is fun? , torpedo spread is fun?

Since when has anyone that went up against a TSI team using mass sci spam and spreads had fun?

Fun for you guys maybe but everyone else?

Another TSI hosted event with rules designed to maximize what they do best in science spam with torpedo spread, and scrambles taken away so they can still heal each other and don't kill themselves with friendly fire spreads.

I'm at a complete loss as to why any other team would even bother signing up for such an event, TSI have honed their spamming skills stomping pugs all day and using cheese, everyone else has no chance and will just get *****.

Fun day load of complete crock, the only way this may actually be fun if the teams where completely randomized.

Please i encourage all teams to signup so you can get a good pwning by the masters of sci/mine/spread spam TSI and see just how much "fun" you have.

Yes i understand you hosted its your rules, but naming your event "fun" to an attempt to get people to participate while you then slaughter them using cheese is only going to be "fun" for you.
what the hell dude? this is not a tsi event. this is something i thought would be fun too see what people decide to limit themselves or if they dont and in general put everyone on equal footing to pew pew at each other. i'm sick of seeing strict rulesets that over time people try to "work around" and find loop holes in and in the end have that event/series of events fall appart because people found these and "abused" them. whens the last time an event with 5 man teir 5 ships was allowed without any restrictions except for no scramble/antimatter? never. excuse me for wanting to try something new and i'm sorry your such a dickwad that all you see is my supposid attemept at giving my fleet some sort of "edge" by allowing EVERYONE to use whatever they want.

all i want is for everyone to keep playing.... i'm sorry, i thought the community would want to try to stick together as a whole as well. my bad.

and as too the tsi "spam" i've yet to see this, i know of one guy who uses mines.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
what the hell dude? this is not a tsi event. this is something i thought would be fun too see what people decide to limit themselves or if they dont and in general put everyone on equal footing to pew pew at each other. i'm sick of seeing strict rulesets that over time people try to "work around" and find loop holes in and in the end have that event/series of events fall appart because people found these and "abused" them. whens the last time an event with 5 man teir 5 ships was allowed without any restrictions except for no scramble/antimatter? never. excuse me for wanting to try something new and i'm sorry your such a dickwad that all you see is my supposid attemept at giving my fleet some sort of "edge" by allowing EVERYONE to use whatever they want.

all i want is for everyone to keep playing.... i'm sorry, i thought the community would want to try to stick together as a whole as well. my bad.

and as too the tsi "spam" i've yet to see this, i know of one guy who uses mines.
*raises hand*

Weren't said " strict rulesets" made by you? I.e. the first funday?
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
whens the last time an event with 5 man teir 5 ships was allowed without any restrictions except for no scramble/antimatter? never. .
~edit~ Stegi tournament was exactly this, and if you didn't bring feds, you lost.

The game is so broken, I mean, its always been broken in one way or another, but right now, theres some serious problems. Which has lead to the formation of rules to be followed. Every rule made in any tournament that has happened so far has been widely understood, as the vast majority of the pvp player base knows how broken things are.

To make a tournament with no rules other than no scramble is a monumental leap in the direction of stupidity. Everyone knows there are broken skills, whats the point of forcing people to play with them?

Quote:
Then maybe you should pay closer attention to the "night shift", until that last chat we had on QEW TS server they were running Scramble 3's, FAW and mines. Seems like after the recent announcement from TSI, it'll be back to business as usual. Though, I suppose if you just close your eyes to it, then it doesn't happen.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:

Point still stands, how exactly is this going to be fun for anyone other than TSI?
You tell me

I've got no problem with you hosting your own cheese day. Just remove the word, FUN and replace it with cheese.

For the current OPVP tournament there was no abuse of the rules, the rules changed due to unbalanced abilitys like torpedo spread and teams dropping due to not being able to practice properly or inactivity.

As for the community to keep playing, sorry there aren't enough teams that i think want to play under that ruleset. Even those that do would they really stand up to you guys? what would be the fun in rolling them?

An anything goes type ruleset only really benefits pug play and random teams because then its more about fun and not exploiting cheese to win.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-13-2011, 12:06 PM
What the math happened to you guys?

I've not flown with most of you but I've flown against all of you enough to know that all of you can whoop $&@ without abuse of anything. And regardless of the ruleset.

All of you need to take a cold shower, get the sand outa yer cracks and have fun pew pewin' instead of this petty bickering. Talk this through guys, we are right around the corner from spanking f2p nubsauce on a daily basis, Iighten up. If you guys got a ruleset problem I'm totally impartial and would be happy to mediate, we can use my TS. I'll bring virtual tea and crackers for all.

But please.....

Just have fun and kill bad guys.

-horizon
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipermist
Since when has anyone that went up against a TSI team using mass sci spam and spreads had fun?
What sci spam are you talking about? Scramble is not allowed by matteo's rules and all other sci spam (>3 SNBs) is either not being used by TSI in the usual current tournament setups or allowed even by other more restrictive rulesets.

I'm fairly sure TSI is willing to agree to any team's request to play the respective match without spread. But the great thing about less restrictions is: If a fleet thinks that spread is the way to beat TSI, they can try it. Think 5 sci intrepids beat TSI? Try it.

Okay, you don't need a funday for this, every group can challenge TSI and set up premade matches, but still.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
~edit~ Stegi tournament was exactly this, and if you didn't bring feds, you lost.

The game is so broken, I mean, its always been broken in one way or another, but right now, theres some serious problems. Which has lead to the formation of rules to be followed. Every rule made in any tournament that has happened so far has been widely understood, as the vast majority of the pvp player base knows how broken things are.

To make a tournament with no rules other than no scramble is a monumental leap in the direction of stupidity. Everyone knows there are broken skills, whats the point of forcing people to play with them?

Then maybe you should pay closer attention to the "night shift", until that last chat we had on QEW TS server they were running Scramble 3's, FAW and mines. Seems like after the recent announcement from TSI, it'll be back to business as usual. Though, I suppose if you just close your eyes to it, then it doesn't happen.
then you can choose not to partake, all i ask is that because i think something may be fun not to automatically assume its some evil tsi global agenda to beat people. this is what ****es me off.

whens the last time any of the skills were used in combanation with each other? mine spam? then take faw. both cancel each other out. too much sub nukes? well without scramble 5 sci teams is all you will ever need for a team, dont like how things work? then play record and send the video to cryptic because they apparnetly have no idea whats going on (and its more and more seeming like they dont care)

i just want people to play.... :/
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Personally, I like the idea of a day of lose restrictions. It's good to have some variety. Cross faction promises to be fun. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing TS banned.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-13-2011, 12:35 PM
The solution to this problem is to have the ppl fleet hosting the tourny not also play in it. This is not what I personally would like to see happen though. Hell, there's not enough players left as it is to start excluding entire fleets from playing. I also want a shot at beating tsi any chance I get :-) let's be honest though, there is no way your going to make the whole pvp community happy. The only way to truly be impartial is to not participate in a tourny your making the rules for.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
The only way to truly be impartial is to not participate in a tourny your making the rules for.
Kai and Zorena did intentionally not play for the TSI team during the first funday. That wasn't enough.
TE did not play in their fall event. That wasn't enough, people still complained that the rules favoured certain setups.