Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis
Sorry but you are wrong. Escorts need a severe dps nerf in cannons and much much less hull.
1 of 2 things. either a) you dont fly an escort, therefore have no room to speak of strength and weaknesses of them, of which there are many, or 2) you dont know how to play the game correctly and get slaughtered by escort pilots who know how to use the powers at their disposal and more importantly, the correct strategy and time in which to use them.

my guess is you fall under the number 2 category. escorts do not need anything done to them, they are fine the way they are- the put out massive amounts of DPS (which is what they are built to do) but are also the least survivable ship in the game (which is what they are built to do). any half way competent cruiser or sci captain could easily take out an escort so long as he can survive the alpha strike, and with the amount of hull/shield heals that are at the disposal of each class, it shouldnt be too hard. i can usually take out a few ships before i die. when i pvp, im usually at top in damage, but also lead in number of deaths. its a trade off. get used to it, or learn to properly play the game. since i dont fly a cruiser or sci, i have no knowledge of what skills are more powerful or need to be nerfed. therefore, i will be smart and not comment on something i do not fly. you should take after me.

edit: just saw not only did you want less DPS, but less hull too. so basically what you are saying is you want escorts to no longer exist and to handicap the tactical class in general so you can not suck so bad? good try. shoulda known with a thread named "official nerf"... heres a suggestion... why dont we just nerf you?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Luke
Hi everyone. It's pretty clear that the developers don't listen and have no idea what to do with this game. Common sense by now should be telling you that. The Ask Cryptic don't ask the hard questions and I can see why Dan Stall left the company despite whatever magical post was fabricated.

So I've decided to make a Official Nerf Forum. Please state the name of the power why it needs to be nerfed. Make sure to keep your post only a few sentences. No one care about your calculations, magical colored text and quoting EVERY sentence in a paragraph to make your self look smart.
Holy baseless opinion and troll bait bat man...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by openair View Post
Holy baseless opinion and troll bait bat man...
what hes really saying is he wants an "i win" power for himself and no one else due to his lack of... well yeah, lack of any common sense. troll bait for sure.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Escorts being underpowered is debatable.

Also, I miss SteveAngelis old signature. Whatever happened to that one?
My web host went non existant on me and I lost it. I might have a spare around somewhere but I doubt it which means when I get a spare weekend I will bring back Baghdad Bob.

Also, I do fly escorts, and science ships, and cruisers, and I am fairly certain I do know what I am talking about in regards to them. Baghdad Bob (in my old signature) said it all perfectly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis
My web host went non existant on me and I lost it. I might have a spare around somewhere but I doubt it which means when I get a spare weekend I will bring back Baghdad Bob.

Also, I do fly escorts, and science ships, and cruisers, and I am fairly certain I do know what I am talking about in regards to them. Baghdad Bob (in my old signature) said it all perfectly.

so if you have flown an escort, why would you say they need a nerf? again, it comes down to someone complaining because they cant beat an escort. they are supposed to do MUCH more damage than any other ship, thats what an escort does buddy. they are warships, designed and built for maximum firepower. they also have the least amount of hull points than any other ship, and as far as i know, the least amount of shield points of any ship, each by a substantial margin. i have fully maxed stats for each as well as a field generator console for my shield, and my hull points are 39,000 (lowest of any max tier ship) and my shields only have around 10,100-10,300 shield points, which is lower than both cruisers and sci ships. you take away DPS from an escort, they cease to be a viable ship. thats the trade off. cruisers are able to withstand tons of damage, escorts are able to dish out tons of damage, and sci ships... well sci ships are just the knat on the wall that annoys you and wont go away but doesnt harm you in any meaningful way. ship balance is fine- maybe some powers need adjusting, but nerfed? get real dude. nerfing is for 4th graders that complain about losing because they cant stand not being the best in the world. NO NERFING IS NEEDED!

/end rant
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Escorts do need a small nerf + boost at the same time.. .honestky tho, there are escorts who can look at u and ur Zombie Cruiser will Explode almost as fast as Hale. The Fire rate on dual heavy cannons needs to be improved BUT have their damage lowered to compensate, That way they have the same DPS but dont have that 10k dmg spikeability just useing cannons. I play an Escort, i can prolly take down 2 players at once in it, i know its OP. On another note...

NERF SNB, CPB, SS, PSW, TS, SNB again, SNB, SNB, and SS again... did i mention SNB?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Nerf Sarek!

gg btw.


Oh u dont know what a Sarek is mh? kthx :p



Nerf Science Ships; Shield Bonus, CBP, Sub,GW, SCIFLEET,AMS CONSOLE,SCRAMBLESENSORS,SENSCAN(Give it more stealth detection function instead of pure > fomm dmg and AoE even lol)

Nerf Mikey

Oh and not to forget, >>> Jam sensors.<<<
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Balance healing and damage output ingame to reflect a better application of both so we nolonger have to use the Huge spikedamage to overcome the huge healfest that has mnay thinking that......

Escorts needs a nerf.......
or
Cruisers need a nerf...
or
Science needs a nerf......

Balance the powers with a little more common sense to dissolve the FOTM need to run certain abilities to maintane competitive gameplay.

It would be nice to not have to use 14 bizillion Tac abilities to overcome the 14 bazillion Eng abilities just to put a dent in someone in combat, just to have them all negated by one or two science abilities.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Eventually it doesnt even matter much, and it depends much more about the captain skills rather then anything else at the end.

Classes will never be balanced, and for a fact it's pretty much know that Science is in fact the most powerful class in the game. This is something which is pretty much non-debatable.

If you would simply compare all abilities with it's comparable counterpart from another class, you would quickly come to the conclusion that actually Engineer versus Tactical are the closest to balance. (Including all the Bridge officer skills with it) Why? Because this is plain Dmg versus Healing calculation. It is, if you would call it simple, the simplest way to compare.

Not that this is not actually something I've just made up, it has been discussed many times, and there is even a thread about how to make PvP better, where alot of Sci abilities are prone to changes.

Some people have another vision on it, and they rather compare team versus team. I think its the wrong way to compare any class that way in my oppinion. That is like saying a 5 man Science team all with SS3/SS2 fully specced is equal to 5 escorts or 5 cruisers for that matter.

Or another example which I hear quite often; Well phasers work fine with a single person and are frequently noticable, and sometimes even lethal. Polarons are cute as well, >>>>and it can sometimes be noticed when 5 people use it against you!!!<<<<. See the flaw?

Anyway, like i said, it doesnt matter much. Good player skills will overcome most unbalance in this game to a certain level, ofcourse.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
10-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Pay no attention to Steve Angelis he always gets blown up and is bitter. For the record he liked the old FaW because it made him feel like he had a big primary hull. Healing should never restore more than 95% of damage taken that way it is a given eventuality you will die. If you take 1000HP of damage max that can be healed back is 950 which puts you at lets say 1950 from 2000, you take another 1000 HP of damage and get heals you HP is now 1900.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 PM.