Lt. Commander
The yellow drop items seem to linger for a few seconds after it is picked up.

This didn't used to happen.

Please change it back it is REALLY annoying now as I keep finding myself heading back to make sure I have picked something up.

On this kind of subject also the red icons on the minimap to show an enemy also lingers after the enemy is killed (it has ALWAYS done this). Suggest this is also set to disappear as soon as the enemy is killed.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-11-2011, 02:43 PM
I think both are fine as is now on tribble. I pay attention to my loot grabs and kills.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-11-2011, 02:56 PM
I noticed this as well.

Was this a change that was designed to combat the "I picked up the loot, but it didn't accept it" glitch?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
The lingering loot indicator has actually been s source of annoyance for me. Every single time I think there is something else to pick up and it causes me to pause for a few steps or keep the ship at a slow pace. The feed back should be faster or instant.

I believe the enemy icons on the minimap have been lingering for a while. At least I recall seeing it before, but that could just be me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Don't really have a problem with the lingering loot item, except the yello glowy items are way to computer game generic since the beginning. Is it too late to change to something that looks trek?

Enemy dots on map remain as long as their corpse doesn't vanish. Same for ships, they go faster I think except destroyed Borg cubes which linger very long.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
The lingering loot indicator has actually been s source of annoyance for me. Every single time I think there is something else to pick up and it causes me to pause for a few steps or keep the ship at a slow pace. The feed back should be faster or instant.
QFT.

This is the issue I have, as well. It makes it seem like you either didn't get the item or there was another item there. It's a good example of fixing something that wasn't broken.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1701A View Post
The yellow drop items seem to linger for a few seconds after it is picked up.

This didn't used to happen.

Please change it back it is REALLY annoying now as I keep finding myself heading back to make sure I have picked something up.

!
Playing on the F2P, I keep stopping to double check whether or not I actually Did pick that item up. I can't say I am upset, as the OP looks to be, but I will agree, it is annoying. PUT IT BACK!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-11-2011, 05:01 PM
I agree needs to go back the way it was.