Lt. Commander
# 1 Quantum Torpedo (visual/sound)
10-11-2011, 03:03 PM
The Quantum torpedos in this game have forever annoyed me. They currently use the effect from Deep Space 9 that was seen a couple times, however this effect is lacking compared to the Quantums that the Enterprise E fired in the movies.

What im asking for here is for the Quantum torpedos in game to have redone effects to look this this:

http://www.ditl.org/gpaf/GBrgTakhit3.jpg

If someone can find I link with the proper sound effect, I would be grateful I couldnt manage to find a really decent video of it.

The current Quantum torpedos have this nasty wet fart, weak...piddly sound effect. I love using photons cause they feel more fun and powerful to use just because of the appearance/sound effects. Please re do the Quantum torpedos!!

look here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=137408&page=2

players have been asking for this numerous times since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-11-2011, 04:09 PM
the quantums torpedoes have just been changed not that long ago. They had the nemesis sound i think but they chnaged it to the first contact sound but the q-torps look like from nemesis. To me they are fine.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
the quantums torpedoes have just been changed not that long ago. They had the nemesis sound i think but they chnaged it to the first contact sound but the q-torps look like from nemesis. To me they are fine.
You are right, I hadnt noticed until I zoomed in and looked closer. Unfortuneatly all the cool sound effects in space get kind of faded out or quiet when your zoomed out pretty far I think they should make these sounds clearer.