Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
10-12-2011, 04:23 PM
No but really... have they acknowledged that it's borked?
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
we are pakleds, it is broken.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Makes sense, doesn't it?

No FvK Arenas means that existing Klings have nothing to do. The population dies a little faster than it already was. Then they don't have to develop any content for the KDF.

Duh.
It's revenge against the Klingons by the Tribbles for the destruction of the Tribble homeworld. Lacking sufficient firepower to outright destroy the Klingons, the Tribbles have opted for a more insidious, methodical approach.

From the lack of content to the F2P restriction of not allowing new players to choose the Klingon faction until they reach Fed level 25 to the test server being named Tribble, I'm surprised no one else has picked up on this connection before.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
When confronted about the problem in TTS chat yesterday, both Zero and Fark nearly immediately logged off without saying a word.

I think this is all a ploy to completely eliminate the current KDF PvP faction, so that when the noob F2Pers come in, they don't complain about "OP" klinks.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-12-2011, 07:24 PM
can anyone trace it to the moment/patch that caused this and how that patch could have possibly broken it? maybe we all need to just file hourly tickets about it? or ask a gm why i cant play against the klingons anymore?
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
or ask a gm why i cant play against the klingons anymore?
They'll just tell you to go play against the Feds. Because that Que almost never breaks.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
can anyone trace it to the moment/patch that caused this and how that patch could have possibly broken it? maybe we all need to just file hourly tickets about it? or ask a gm why i cant play against the klingons anymore?
There was no patch or anything (on Holodeck). It was working one moment, and the next it was completely useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceroid View Post
When confronted about the problem in TTS chat yesterday, both Zero and Fark nearly immediately logged off without saying a word.

I think this is all a ploy to completely eliminate the current KDF PvP faction, so that when the noob F2Pers come in, they don't complain about "OP" klinks.
Does it matter than 25% of our available PvP options are broken? Or, more realistically for the Klingons, 50% of existing gameplay is inaccessible?

NOPE. Gotta get them DOff typos fixed!
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-13-2011, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
hey now, there's QEW and.... and... Some of syndicate, Mini, Sivar, Ryan and myself on the occasional lark? (course I won't be around next month unless nov 1st is the f2p launch and no one told me)

So... QEW, Some of Syndicate, Mini, Sivar and Ryan... that's like what 12 guys? :p Way more than 2.
Plus one to the number of Klingons queuing up. Although you wont actually find me in the queues for the next few weeks or so, as I'm on assignment to the KDF's R&D division (Tribble testing).

I think you have all missed the announcement though, the FvK arena queue isn't actually broken - its just feds using the new console they get with their T5 Constitution Refit - see quote below:

Quote:
Now in the C-$tore for Federation Captians - The T5.5 Constitution Refit. Want to take your dreams of being Captain Kirk to the next level, well now you can with the new Constitution Refit ship. Comes with a special console (fits any Federation Cruiser) "Corbomite Device" Activating this device makes the enemy believe Federation ships incorporate technology which reflects all damage received back to the aggressor. Result, the FvK PvP queue is disabled for 24 hours after you fire off this device. Cooldown time 24 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-13-2011, 06:53 AM
Seems like pvp in this game is going down faster then a 2cent w***e on cr**k.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
hey now, there's QEW and.... and... Some of syndicate, Mini, Sivar, Ryan and myself on the occasional lark? (course I won't be around next month unless nov 1st is the f2p launch and no one told me)

So... QEW, Some of Syndicate, Mini, Sivar and Ryan... that's like what 12 guys? :p Way more than 2.
We're currently on tribble, so didn't even notice the queue being broken. Maybe it'll be fixed with this down time.