Lt. Commander
# 1 The next Featured Series
10-12-2011, 07:36 AM
We were told that the next series would take place around Deep Space Nine, and come out around the end of October. Well the end of October is more or less right around the corner, and it's not even on the Calender. Is this going to be another missed deadline or what? I know you guys are up to your eyeballs in Free to Play, but how about some love for the people that are continuing to pay despite of everything going on? We're paying you guys for the right to beta test for you.

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm not paying 'That Other Company' to beta test 'That Other Game' that's due out later this year.

How about a little news on the FE, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Actually we were told it would go to the test server around the end of Oct:

Quote:
Q: Kingdox: What will we see first? The Doff System, new FE, or F2P?

A: All three of those items are going to be available to play in the F2P Beta which will be starting up soon. The DOFF system and some of the F2P features will be immediately available for play as soon as we start the Beta. The FE series will be added in late October. There is a whole slew of other things on the Engineering Report which will also be available for play in the Beta as soon as it starts.
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2609

Highlights and underline mine. Its pretty clear that that paragraph is talking about the beta, and he says the FE series will be added to the beta in Oct.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Actually we were told it would go to the test server around the end of Oct:

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2609

Highlights and underline mine. Its pretty clear that that paragraph is talking about the beta, and he says the FE series will be added to the beta in Oct.
Still not seeing it on the Calender.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
/facepalm //10 char
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
That is because it isnt there. Why? Its possible that they simply havent added it yet. Its also possible that the plans to put it Tribble in late Oct have changed. Maybe Stormshade can check on that for us and give us an update.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-12-2011, 08:04 AM
It's not coming most likely it's being pushed back like the loyal player base in favour of the whole pay to win thing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
That is because it isnt there. Why? Its possible that they simply havent added it yet. Its also possible that the plans to put it Tribble in late Oct have changed. Maybe Stormshade can check on that for us and give us an update.
Hence the reasoning for the post
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-12-2011, 08:08 AM
That would also be my guess, The next FE will happen after F2P is live but that's just a guess :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-12-2011, 08:42 AM
For those not aware, the FEs are now a part of the regular progression path. The Devidian FE that takes place in KDF space is now a part of the Klingon arc, the Reman FE that takes place in Rom space is now a part of the Romulan arc, the Breen FE which takes place in the Defera sector now comes after the Card/Dom arc, since that is where the Defera sector is located.

As the new FE takes place in Card space, I expect it to eventually be added to the regular progression path of the Card missions. And my point in explaining all of this is I'm betting Cryptic wants to have that ready to roll by the time most new players who start the game at F2P launch would be getting to that sector.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
As the new FE takes place in Card space, I expect it to eventually be added to the regular progression path of the Card missions. And my point in explaining all of this is I'm betting Cryptic wants to have that ready to roll by the time most new players who start the game at F2P launch would be getting to that sector.
Assuming that your hypothesis is correct, that would be putting the next FE on Holodeck some one to two months after the F2P relaunch. I dunno about anyone else, but that's a bit of a kick to the teeth, IMO. :/