Lt. Commander
Well I dediced to do this because of all the comments all other the place. I figure one consolidated thread with our issues to aid the dev and to be upkept to ensure our issues are addressed would be benefit both parties. This is one I will do my best to maintain so it will be "bypassed like a christmas tree" with links. If you have something to add or see that I missed a dev response please add it in and I will toss it into the list. Feel free to post all your concerns but I would ask for an easily digestable format. Also, please no argueing about each others concerns, if we have this thread locked it only reflects very poorly on us as a community.

The format I think that would be easy is:

Item - from the calander, i.e. Turotial and Mission UI Modification
Issue - One line then a brief description
Suggestion - Just a brief description

I have purposefully left out the Doff System because Heretic is doing a fantastic job adressing issues as they crop up. Now this is not a bug thread either, it is an issue thread. It looks blank at the moment because I am working on my lists and will have them up as I get them. I plan to go through this twice or more daily to upkeep it and keep it current.

With that....
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Tutorial and Mission UI Issues
  • Linear Story Progression
    • Forced Progression - Current progression forces players through ALL missions. It would be better if those mission arc opened up based on rank. Thus a compromise that all missions say in the Klingon Arc are played in a linear fashion but the other arcs do not rely on them to be completed. A proposed rank based shema can be found here.
    • Illigical Placement of Missions - The placement of the FEs inside the arcs breaks up what story is there as in the case of the Klingon Arc. The three FE series need to be seperate entities. It is very odd in the romulan series jumping around from bad guys and the arc felt like it hag no consistancy or story line.
    • Flesh out the Story Arcs - Long-term plans need to flesh out the arc for the other sectors for Feds and establish more arcs for the Klingons.
    • Non-Scalable Rewards - Very few of the rewards for all previous missions are scaleable and this presents an issue with replayability. A pass is needed for all missions to give scaleing rewards. This will ensure replayability and ease the concern over the linear mision arcs.
  • Exploration Missions
    • Aid the Planet" Missions - Despite being veyry Star Trek, the serve no purpose now or function. They are either bugged and not giving an appropriate reward or the rewards have intentionally been removed. Currently, as they stand, they are back to where they were when the game launched and offer little incentive to complete them. This is even more the case given the Doff system also awards DXP.
    • All Exploration Missions set as Dailies - this is a major issue for replayability of exploration. An alternative would be to offer the first set as a daily for a scaled reward of Dilithium Ore, then return the missions to the previous timer and offer the appropriate level reward. This would work like the VA B'tran missions, and the Ore scaling would be based on rank, thus the lowest daily Ore reward for a VA would come from the Delta Volanis daily. Partially addressed here:
    • Exploration Missions Repeatability - currently the repeatability value of these missions is still poor aside from the one mission now that lets you do three cluster missions and get dilithium. We still have less reward for our time than we did before these changes. What needs to be done is what ws offered at the onset of the F2P beta. The half hour repeatables need to give a level appropriate reward since they give nothing now, especially for end game players.
      here[/color]
  • Defend X Sector Missions
    • Repeatability Issues - These too should fall under a daily ore/level appropriate item scheme for replayability. This would afford a purpose for higher level players to return and face higher level MOBs. Again, first time is a daily ore reward, subesequent times you get a level appropriate item.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Holodeck Character Transfer
  • Conversion Rate from previous Currencies to Dilithium
    • All rates across the board are poor and very low.
    • This devalues people who have played the last 18 monts.
    • There are man many threads on this already, but I tend to agree.
  • New Mission/Contact Starfleet Interface
    • Does not highlight the left section, i.e. "Romulan Mystery" when my character has already completed the missions.
    • This has to be a system transfer bug.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Calander and Events
  • Star Fleet Academy Event
    • Griefing Issues - Fixes need to be done to ensure griefing is minimized and Gozer has posted that these fixes are in the pipeline here. The griefing includes: kill stealing, particle stealing, using NPCs to destroy expanding particles.
    • General Feel - The notion that a few times a day Star Fleet Academy becomes the "wild west" is unTrek to me. Could there be a second puzzle to replace the Klingon spawn if griefing issues can not be resolved?
    • Purpose of Obtaining a Cadet
      • As of now it serve no purpose to haul around a cadet.
      • What was the intention for having them spawn in the first place?
      • Perhaps the cadet should give you:
        1. A bonus to collection
        2. A hint as to what to scan
        3. A bonus chance to opening a portal
    • Nerf to Sucsessful Collection
      • Somewhere along the line there was a stealth nerf to the number of particles that could be collected from a successful scan, multiphasic or polaron.
      • This need to return back to 3 from 2. Three was a decent number and most players were able to get 50 particles during the event.
      • When this goes live a F2P competition is going to be so high that 50 or higher particles collected will be rare.
  • Multiphasic Event
    • Number of Spawns/Spawn Rate of Anomalies - The event can actually result in you obtaining LESS samples because of the limited number of anomalies in clusters. With just five people scanning in one system it can be quite difficult and tedious to fly around in circle looking for a "scan" that has just re-spawned. Basically, a zone can get cleared out pretty quickly and the end result is a net loss than if you were just farming because you have less opportunity to obtain samples.
      • Increase the Number of Spawns - For this event I would suggest adding (perhaps doubling) the spawn points for scan anomalies.
      • Increase the Spawn RateAlternatively, you could half the re-spawn rate, probably easier but that would promote spawn camping (if that is seen as a negative thing).
      • One of these needs to be tweaked before the flood of F2Pers come in. Overall, the resouce gathering system needs to be examined because it begs for unintended gameplay. For example, if I know I need to farm a bunch of anomalies I will (more than ever now) hold back about five "Aid the Planets" and cycle through them.
    • Too Much Variety from all Tiers - This spreads out the reward greatly and you end up getting less of your target data. If you have noticed there seems to be a cap in the number of resources you can obtain (most I have gotten was 7 items). If that is spread over all tiers, well then you end up with less of your target tier that if the event was off. Hopefully it is unintentional that you would be better off farming for a target tier when the event is off. Perhaps it should only reward from one tier above and below what is offered from the cluster.
    • Lack in Numbers of Data Collected - As stated above, there seems to be a cap in the number of data samples you are rewarded. If the event was meant to give a slight boost to resource sampling then it is only doing so tangentially by awarding variety. A suggestion would be to break it up, one roll for the base sample number, one rolls for the trace sample, and one roll for the multiphasic event samples all with the minigame bonus applied.
  • Borg Red Alerts
  • Mirror Universe
  • Tour the Galaxy
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-12-2011, 08:07 AM
C-Store Testing and Test Points
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Economy - Dilithium Aquirement and Costs
Lt. Commander