Lt. Commander
# 1 Path to F2P Dev Blog #9
10-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Stephen checks in with an update on the Tribble test server, explains more about the test, and how we're working on addressing your concerns on Tribble.

Link to the Article
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I find it amazing how much that blog says without actually telling us anything.... >.<
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-12-2011, 10:52 AM
thanks,

i look forward to the upcoming changes to try and smooth over some of the areas that need fixing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDangelo
It's clear from your feedback that not all of the things we are trying so far are really improvements. In fact, in some cases they are big steps backward or they are simply broken. We are listening to the community's feedback in the forums, and we are collecting data on how players are really playing with the new changes. All of this is being evaluated and going back into making the game better.
At least this is promising, they're admitting that the current build is not what people want and it's broken.
I guess we'll see in a couple weeks if it's fixed or not.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-12-2011, 10:56 AM
First Step to counter a Mistake:

Admitting it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Reads like a Political Speech.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Didn't really address anything other than to say "yeah, we hear you aren't happy."
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I find it amazing how much that blog says without actually telling us anything.... >.<
Yeah...honestly, this is just a repeat of the posts D'Angelo has been making over the past couple of weeks. Dont get me wrong, I'm glad to hear they are listening. But I'll just repeat what I said in another thread: when the appropriate changes are actually made I will definitely commend the team for listening. However, I dont think anyone should take any assurances that the team is listening or that changes are coming as actual solutions until we see the results.

Also, here is the problem with not telling us the plan: we have no chance to respond to it until it goes to Tribble. And by that time actual development time has been used implementing it. And that means if people dont like it then that time was wasted. If you tell us what you plan to do before doing the development to put it on Tribble, you can get feedback and see whether people like it or not.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared1701 View Post
At least this is promising, they're admitting that the current build is not what people want and it's broken.
I guess we'll see in a couple weeks if it's fixed or not.
Hope ... Is that a candle burning in the distance? ... a small sliver of light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Yeah...honestly, this is just a repeat of the posts D'Angelo has been making over the past couple of weeks. I'll just repeat what I said in another thread: when the appropriate changes are actually made I will definitely commend the team for listening. However, I dont think anyone should take any assurances that the team is listening or that changes are coming as actual solutions until we see the actual results.
Nagus is indeed wise. .. Caution is always a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Hope ... Is that a candle burning in the distance?
If the forums of late have been any indication, my guess would be that it is the Tribble server...on fire.