Lt. Commander
# 1 races races races
10-12-2011, 11:48 AM
everyone ones selection and theres so many known races in the st universe i have no doubt we will be seeing you guys add more in the future but netflix recently put ds9 on its streaming function and ive been watchign it again so out of the races theres 1 currently on my mind that i was hoping you could tell us if we might see playble in the future or not....Lurians the race Morn belonged to
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Personally I do not see them adding in too many races going forward. They have had a number of races in the C-Store and soon most all of them will be free for everyone. So perhaps they were not seeing a lot of profit compared to staff cost for some custom races in the C-Store.

On the other hand, Caitians are one of the races still in the C-Store on tribble (Fed Klingons being the other I could see) and so those two might have been more profitable.

Based on both of my statements above I foresee them making a kitty race for the KDF and not too many others (possibly zero) until they decide to work on a Romulan / Hirogen faction.

But this is all my personal opinion based upon my own observations over time.

Lt. Commander
# 3
10-12-2011, 01:16 PM
perhapes but there are races that are impossible to recreate in the custom alien race selection...to continueing with my point lurians being one of those races....i know ive tryed
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefol View Post
perhapes but there are races that are impossible to recreate in the custom alien race selection...to continueing with my point lurians being one of those races....i know ive tryed
The root of the issue is cost/benefit for Cryptic. The more niche the race in question the less sense it makes for Cryptic to devote dev time to creating them.

Especially since there are ridiculous numbers of one-off species in Star Trek. The races that have been added so far are generally the ones that seem to have the most cult-following among the vocal forum going population.

Given how much stuff Cryptic is currently working on I'd doubt they will be making any new races for a while. But eventually they'll be looking for new things to add so drumming up support for your favorite choice now may pay dividends later.