Lt. Commander
WAY back when I first played this game (CB-OB-First months after launch) whenever you instanced into a mission it would automatically team you with other players also running that same mission. It was a fun way of meeting new people in the game. What happened to this? I've been back for a few weeks now and not once have I ever been teamed with another player in any of the missions.

Did they get rid of this completely, or are there just not enough players anymore that you'll always bump into someone?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen.Montgomery View Post
WAY back when I first played this game (CB-OB-First months after launch) whenever you instanced into a mission it would automatically team you with other players also running that same mission. It was a fun way of meeting new people in the game. What happened to this? I've been back for a few weeks now and not once have I ever been teamed with another player in any of the missions.

Did they get rid of this completely, or are there just not enough players anymore that you'll always bump into someone?
It is still there. You need to make sure your social option for teaming is set correctly.

From the online manual: http://www.startrekonline.com/manual

Sometimes, finding friends to explore strange new worlds with can be difficult. To this end, Star Trek Online features an auto-team system. Turned on by default, this system checks to see if other players have recently started a mission you are starting, and if so, will automatically place you in the same instance so you can group up. If you would rather seek out new life and new civilizations alone, you may disable the auto-teaming system on the Team tab of the Social Window, or you may also set it to Prompt you before joining with other players. To access the Social Window, press "R." Then select "Team Settings," then change your Team Join Mode to something other than "Open Team."

Note in your case make sure it says "Open Team".

I hope that helps.