Lt. Commander
# 1 Red Alerts Too Tough?
10-12-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure if its just me, but I have yet to find a group of people who have beaten the Unimatrix on the Red Alerts on Tribble. It seems a lot tougher to kill then the ones on Holodeck?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousavster View Post
I'm not sure if its just me, but I have yet to find a group of people who have beaten the Unimatrix on the Red Alerts on Tribble. It seems a lot tougher to kill then the ones on Holodeck?
I managed to get lucky with a good group and pulled it off...once. Think the problem is we all have crap gear on Tribble because the prices are so out of whack in the economy. 5 commanders in lt commander ships with mk II gear is a tough road to hoe. Hopefully they fix the item pricing so we can spend some money on some decent gear soon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousavster View Post
I don't think so. Out of 4 tries I've had 2 successes, 1 complete failure and 1 where we 2 manned the first part and got the boss down to 60% before we started getting chain killed by torpedo spreads. It's just pretty hard to get good gear (and certain BOFF skills) in Tribble at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-12-2011, 06:25 PM
I had one instance where the Borg command ship hit itself with its own plasma torp and killed itself off.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Personally I think the Borg RA's should be more like the Mirror Event.. no timer, just kill 4 groups, and then the boss.. and slowing down the probe spawn rate might also be a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Most RA's wont succeed if the majority of the player ships involved are LTCDR/CDR level, thats just how it is and how it has been, sure you can get to the Unamatrix boss, but you wont have enough DPS to take it down fast enough before it starts popping regen probes.

I dont think most people on Tribble are even doing the RA's its much faster to just grind the ground STF's for loot and use the DOFF system to level up while you sleep.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-13-2011, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
Personally I think the Borg RA's should be more like the Mirror Event.. no timer, just kill 4 groups, and then the boss.. and slowing down the probe spawn rate might also be a good idea.
Hello,
Yeah or they split it in two Steps:
Leutnant up to Commander (with scaling up to commander grade) and then Captain up to Vice Admrial (with scaling up/down to rear admiral grade).
I think this should maybe better work as to scale up the lower level general to rear admiral.
With 5 Leutants in a Team the mission is really hard and the boss isnt to handle because you havnt the firepower, skills and bridge officers abilities.

Greetings and have a nice day
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-13-2011, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
I agree with this. I find the Mirror Event to be a lot more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-13-2011, 08:22 AM
In my opinion they are a bit tough considering 90% of the time you enter one it's in a PUG. The Borg have too many cheaty powers that can disable/neuter and destroy even a VA in a cruiser in record time and the boss..... can wipe out anyone in one shot. It's a bit ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
Yeah their tough, but we were warned...

My biggest concern is for lower ranks who have no chance of winning and where their are only a couple of players in there.

There are some low sector block that are almost impossible to win.

There could be 2 events: 1)A minor one for lower ranks. 2)A new STF that needs to be approacched as a team at higher ranks.