Lt. Commander
# 1 Path to F2P Dev Blog #10
10-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Today on The Path to F2P, Stephen talks all about ships, what our plans for them are, and where you can expect to see new ships being added to the lineup.

Link to the Article
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 07:29 PM
So...does this mean the Delta Flyer will no longer be attainable through in-game means via a mission reward/crafting item???

Wow, this is starting to kinda suck.

I DO however approve of this part:
Quote:
Oh, and before I go, we plan to re-instate the free starship token at the Lt Commander and Commander rank for all players. We plan to continue the discount token for Silver players at the Captain and Rear Admiral rank, while Gold players will get the free starship at those ranks (if they are a subscriber at the time of rank-up). We do not plan to have any free starship at the Vice Admiral rank.
Finally a difference between Subs and Silvers, no matter how minuscule...
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Oh, and before I go, we plan to re-instate the free starship token at the Lt Commander and Commander rank for all players. We plan to continue the discount token for Silver players at the Captain and Rear Admiral rank, while Gold players will get the free starship at those ranks (if they are a subscriber at the time of rank-up). We do not plan to have any free starship at the Vice Admiral rank.
Sweet merciful Q THANK YOU.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Wow, the new KDF ship names sound mean and the Fed ship names sound awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-12-2011, 07:31 PM
The Excelsior Refit is not a +1 Sovy. It does not have the Same boff Layout. I would like to see a +1 Sovy with Lt Cmdr and Cmdr Engineers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Is there ANY chance of making it so that Subscribers can access a Subscriber only store in which they can pay some ridiculous amount of Dilithium to get the C-Store ships?

This current chart still doesn't seem to offer a way for a new player to start out with say an Oberth or a Connie...could these SKINS be made available to subscribers but their consoles only go out with the C-Store version?
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-12-2011, 07:32 PM
I think the changes make sense for the most part, though moving the Nebula and Excelsior to the C-Store is sure to be controversial. I'm not sure how I feel about my Maurader being downgraded a tier, but I'm sure I'll survive.

Regarding the free ship upgrade on rank up...

I appreciate this attempted solution, but I feel earning free ships at certain ranks and discounted ships at others is unnecessarily confusing. I think it would be better if you went with one or the other (for the record, I'm a "free ship token" advocate). As a Gold player, I guess I'll be getting the free ship either way, but even for the Silver players, I think consistency is key.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-12-2011, 07:37 PM
G-X will be VA ship? Does that mean it'll receive a spec boost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
So...does this mean the Delta Flyer will no longer be attainable through in-game means via a mission reward/crafting item???

Wow, this is starting to kinda suck.
I was sort of expecting that to happen when F2P was announced. To be honest, this does sort of sweeten the Gold pot a little.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-12-2011, 07:38 PM
First, thanks for listening and making these changes! That said, I have a question: Will gold members still get the chunk of refined dillithium with their rank up even though they get the free token?
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Angelo
I have to admit, this is the simplest solution to the problem that will actually work. If it wasn't a problem you created in the first place, I'd say it's a brilliant solution. Either way, good job. Your revenue base will thank you.