Lt. Commander
# 11 Thanks
10-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Thank you for listening to the community feedback (even as heated as it got) I feel as a whole this is a positive change.

I am okay with losing a few ships during the f2p and appreciate the free upgrade for those who have it.
I am glad gold still gets free ships but to be honest judging by what i see flying around on holodeck people have no issue with the c-store they just don't want to lose the option to level alts without paying.
Again thanks for responding to the feedback i think this is a good solution.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
The Excelsior Refit is not a +1 Sovy. It does not have the Same boff Layout. I would like to see a +1 Sovy with Lt Cmdr and Cmdr Engineers.
I agree. Honestly it would make more sense to just swap the Excelsior and Venture.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Will gold members still get the chunk of refined dillithium with their rank up even though they get the free token?
AWESOME question.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Oh, and before I go, we plan to re-instate the free starship token at the Lt Commander and Commander rank for all players. We plan to continue the discount token for Silver players at the Captain and Rear Admiral rank, while Gold players will get the free starship at those ranks (if they are a subscriber at the time of rank-up). We do not plan to have any free starship at the Vice Admiral rank.

Hell yeah, as said above, we finally have a reason for people to sub to the game

I think this is one of the best decisions that has been made in this game
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
The C-Store starships differ from the in-game ones, in that they are typically slightly stronger in some way, and they include a valuable piece of gear that is only available with that ship. The piece of gear can be carried forward to other ships as you move up the ranks, and can be combined with in-game gear to get the kind of game play you want. By the time we get through testing, we intend for all of the existing C-Store ships with a special ability will be altered to have a piece of gear like this. Existing ships on Holodeck will be automatically granted the item when this build goes live. It's worth noting that not all of the ships have these changes on Tribble at this time. The changes will be going live in stages throughout the test period.
That's it, I've had it. Pay to win, here we come, and its validated.

And you're going to beef up the Excelsior, already arguably the best cruiser in the game hands down?

No discussion of PvP balance, so I'm done.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Holy ****! Two dev blogs in one day.

So, whatever happened to being able to earn every ship in-game in some form or another? Are the "non-basic" ships C-Store only or can we grind for them (outside of the Dilithium-to-CP conversion crap)?

Quote:
Oh, and before I go, we plan to re-instate the free starship token at the Lt Commander and Commander rank for all players. We plan to continue the discount token for Silver players at the Captain and Rear Admiral rank, while Gold players will get the free starship at those ranks (if they are a subscriber at the time of rank-up). We do not plan to have any free starship at the Vice Admiral rank.
On this, I can give you a big kudos. Count this as one of my changes list scratched off of the "need-to-do" list. The only gripe is the loss of VA ship token. Boo!
Lt. Commander
# 17
Yeah, removing the Excelsior and Nebula in-game was the line crosser. And still no word or slight hint of in-game acquisitions for these ships that was mentioned months ago. One less subber here, but then again with the game going F2P, I guess that doesn't really matter to Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-12-2011, 08:44 PM
QUESTION TO THE DEVS:

Currently, there seems to be a massive step between the T1 and T2 (Lt & Lt Cmdr) ships to the T3 (Cmdr) ships.

Is the dev team giving any consideration to a slight bump up to the T1 and T2 ships, to make the transition between vessels a much smoother curve (as it is with the T3-T5 vessels) instead of such a pronounced inferiority in the lower tier vessels?

Something along the lines of an added rear weapons slot and 1 extra console to the Miranda and 1 foreward weapons slot and 1-2 extra consoles for the Nova / Excalibur / Sabre?

It seems that a slight bump might be in order, given the ungodly amount of battleships and heavy cruisers players face in those first 2 ranks.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Is there ANY chance of making it so that Subscribers can access a Subscriber only store in which they can pay some ridiculous amount of Dilithium to get the C-Store ships?

This current chart still doesn't seem to offer a way for a new player to start out with say an Oberth or a Connie...could these SKINS be made available to subscribers but their consoles only go out with the C-Store version?
Or you could, you know, use your Dilithium to buy C-points from other players and use those points to buy C-store ships?

Anyway, thanks for the Dev blog, it was one of the better ones and very informative. I support the changes, I didn't like it before, but now with the explaination I now support it. Question though, in the blog it says that if you already have a ship thats going to become C-store only then you have it and that all C-store ships will be account wide. One of my characters has the commander excelsior and another had the commander nebula, so will they end up being unlocked account wide?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Will gold members still get the chunk of refined dillithium with their rank up even though they get the free token?
How about the fix for characters being unable to rank up if they purchase a C-Store ship?