Lt. Commander
# 21
10-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
Yeah, removing the Excelsior and Nebula in-game was the line crosser. And still no word or slight hint of in-game acquisitions for these ships that was mentioned months ago. One less subber here, but then again with the game going F2P, I guess that doesn't really matter to Cryptic.
agreed, just unsubbed myself. Cya Cryptic, I'm goin to the *other* game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-12-2011, 07:47 PM
I understand the intent and the bonus extra console. as a Ship fan, and such, I do like the idea of the bonus console. BUT I think that it should be adapted, One version of the ship in the Ship store for Dilithium Minus the console, and one in the C-store that when we claim it we not only get the ship for FREE in game saving us the Token/dilithium for Gold/silver respectively, but also allowing us early access to the Said console.

Just my two cents.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Is there ANY chance of making it so that Subscribers can access a Subscriber only store in which they can pay some ridiculous amount of Dilithium to get the C-Store ships?
Considering over the last 6 months there was so much talk about all these new ships being available later on down the line through in-game means, i was hoping that we would be starting to see this around about now. Yet it has been a complete turn around, with all these statements completely ignored.
I want a ridiculous grind to obtain 90% of the ships, like it was with the Emblems. I don't see why this is not something to consider for the subscribers/lifetime members. I understand you want to price tag almost everything, yet the matrix still kicks those that wish to sub/or recently purchased a LTS in the face.
The amount of C-Store ships is very disheartening. I can see the point in a F2P player having to purchase ships, it makes sense at a source of revenue, but someone that subscribes, surely having a huge Dilithium grind option adds an incentive to subscribe.

I'm really happy with the game, and i love the changes i am seeing, the added content and Doff System, but you've really dropped the ball on the excessive amount of C-Store only ships. Suggesting that the majority of ships would be available in-game during dstahl's reign to a complete reversal of this, i think it is quite disgusting.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Oh, and before I go, we plan to re-instate the free starship token at the Lt Commander and Commander rank for all players. We plan to continue the discount token for Silver players at the Captain and Rear Admiral rank, while Gold players will get the free starship at those ranks (if they are a subscriber at the time of rank-up). We do not plan to have any free starship at the Vice Admiral rank.
Finally, some difference between Gold and Silver and a value added to being a subscriber! That's what we need more of in the F2P matrix. Thank you for listening to us about this.

But.... NO free VA Ships for ANYONE confirms what we were thinking from the very start about the economy revamp. Vice Admiral ships are the most expensive in game. It confirms that Dilithium is part of a Grind or Pay Economy:
  • Play through lots of content for the Dilithium to purchase your VA ship.
  • Buy a VA ship from the C-Store to get it immediately.
  • Buy C-Points to Trade for Dilithium if you don't quite have enough.

It would be nice if subscribers at least received a Dilithium Discount at VA. That adds great value to being a monthly or lifetime subscriber.

But I partially understand where you're coming from with this. You have to make money from something. I guess we'll see how people respond to No Free VA Ships once these changes hit Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Please bring the free Retrofit back to VA. It serves as the final achievement of many a character's career and it would just feel empty without it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Mr. D'Angelo, I thank you. This blog has been a prime example of meeting the community half way. For those that still don't like it/unsubbed/what not, I understand your frustrations, but realize that this blog is an example of listening to the community and at least attempting to meet us half way. They are going to give us a stipend of store points a month and with the revamped prices it would take 4 months of saving said stipend, so all is not lost! I now see a crack of light beaming through the storm clouds.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-12-2011, 07:53 PM
As Cryptic likes to say, "+1" for support of this idea. It allows the subs less grinding and more what we are accustom to a free ship token. I'm not 100% on how I feel about losing our token at VA but pleased none the less.

I do have a question though, I grinded some Delta Flyer schmatics but are currently in my bank, what will happen to them? Also some of my characters have the retrofit ships that I recieved via VA token and not via C-Store, will I lose them?
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Finally, some difference between Gold and Silver and a value added to being a subscriber! That's what we need more of in the F2P matrix. Thank you for listening to us about this.

But.... NO free VA Ships for ANYONE confirms what we were thinking from the very start about the economy revamp. Vice Admiral ships are the most expensive in game. It confirms that Dilithium is part of a Grind or Pay Economy:

It would be nice if subscribers at least received a Dilithium Discount at VA. That adds great value to being a monthly or lifetime subscriber.

But I partially understand where you're coming from with this. You have to make money from something. I guess we'll see how people respond to No Free VA Ships once these changes hit Tribble.
Remember that subscribers will be getting a monthly stipend, so you can still get your VA for no additional money if you use the stipend. And it will take even less time if you suppliment your stipend by trading DL you have in game for extra C-points.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master

Don't know if you noticed but ALL the VA ships in that matrix are C-Store only. No buying them with Dilithium at all.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Thumbs up for the free token back. It really shows you are listening our feedback. Now thumbs down for no ship at VA. It really breaks the pattern. You get one ship at each rank up. Now, when you achieve the max rank, you simply don't receive no new ship? And I think that getting a new ship gives you the sensation you are actually progressing. You get more boff slots and more hull, what means more abilities and gives the sensation of: look. I made my job correctly and now I have a great starship.

My suggestion: keep things like they are on holodeck. When you hit VA, you may get the Galaxy, Defiant or Intrepid retrofit, and this unlocks the ship for that character only. You want this for all your characters. Fine. Buy it on C-store. Do this at least for gold mebers. After all, we are already paying for a game that will be free. And will encourage silvers to become gold (and will help solve the problem of the F2P matrix not being too appealing for gold members)

Now, for what I've understood here, all the C-Store ships will be C-Store only. But I heard some time ago that it was planed to make all ships to be available in game somehow. And that was in fact happening. You could buy it a D'Kyr, for example, by 500 emblems. Soo, you would have to grind for a long time before getting your hands on it, and it would be unlockable for only that character. This seemed pretty fair for me and the right direction to take. Hope that you agree and bring back that policy.

An now that I criticize enough, I would like to say that I really apreciate your work. I see a great potential for this game (and that's why I bought a LTS), and hope that my feedback to be helpful.