Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 411
10-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Despite being okay with the RD-CP exchange, I have to agree with this. Some form of real-world moneys are being transferred here. That doesn't conform to my definition of "in-game" method.

"In-game" means doing the 500 emblem grind (or whatever the equivalent in Dilithium would have been), or the VA token or something like that.
And as far as the grinders go, that is still how it works. The only difference is there is an added step of exchanging DL for CP. However, that added step does not change the fact that everything YOU have to do to get the ship(from the DL grind to the new exchange) takes place IN game.

To repeat, I still support the VA free token. But I do not agree with false arguments, and both grinding DL as well as exchanging it for other people's CPs both takes place IN GAME, therefore it is an IN GAME method. That is simply a fact. Now, if someone wants to say they dont LIKE the new in game method, that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 412
10-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
And as far as the grinders go, that is still how it works. The only difference is there is an added step of exchanging DL for CP. However, that added step does not change the fact that everything YOU have to do to get the ship(from the DL grind to the new exchange) takes place IN game.

To repeat, I still support the VA free token. But I do not agree with false arguments, and both grinding DL as well as exchanging it for other people's CPs both takes place IN GAME, therefore it is an IN GAME method. That is simply a fact. Now, if someone wants to say they dont LIKE the new in game method, that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Well, I would agree if there were a way to get CP "in-game." It may take place "in-game" but it is not availabel "in-game."

-Auspice
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 413
10-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
And as far as the grinders go, that is still how it works. The only difference is there is an added step of exchanging DL for CP. However, that added step does not change the fact that everything YOU have to do to get the ship(from the DL grind to the new exchange) takes place IN game.

To repeat, I still support the VA free token. But I do not agree with false arguments, and both grinding DL as well as exchanging it for other people's CPs both takes place IN GAME, therefore it is an IN GAME method. That is simply a fact. Now, if someone wants to say they dont LIKE the new in game method, that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
TGN, I respect you and have agreed with you on many things. This, however, is not one of those times. People still have to buy the CP with money. Also, they need to be willing to part with said purchased CP in order to get the Dilithium. With the ease that one can attain Dilithium only the laziest people and people without a lot of free time will do this.

If, as the poster above me stated, there were ways to earn CP without having to buy it, I can see where your argument has merit. Only Gold members who get the monthly stipend could potentially do this.

That's not to state that I don't like it. I'm all for it. However, there needs to be more ways to earn C-Store ships than just outright buying them and trading RD for CP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 414
10-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Seriously though, Cryptic are stupid for messing with a system that works.

C-Store purchase for account wide unlock.
VA token and Dilithium grind for for a single ships on a character.

Its win-win for everyone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 415
10-20-2011, 02:27 AM
/Agree, any time real life money is used in any part of getting these ships its NOT an IN game method...

Cryptic, charge extra to look cool, more storage, toons, slots & fancy ships etc but dont charge for basic T5 ships that till this point we have not had to pay extra for!

The most upsetting thing about this is they got Dan to lie to us all and say stuff like 'things will stay the same' 'if anything things will get cheaper' etc etc... no wonder he could not bare to stay around when he saw what PWE wanted to do to STO.

If Cryptic start to chop, change and take stuff away then they may very well become this generations SOE and if so, they will not recover form the fallout. Modern MMO players are fickle and wont stand much BS before we are off onto the next game.

Cryptic needs to take care of its original fan base before going after the freeloaders, they need put distance between STO and other high end theme park mmo's (looks in SWTOR's direction) they can do this by working hard on the foundry to make STO a hybrid theme park/sand box. As it is the foundry along with the original IP, is the only saving grace for what is right now a pretty cheap, sub par & shallow mmo experience when compared to others in the sci-fi/space sim genre.

Dont get me wrong I do realy like STO, I dont want to see it fail and i dont want to see Cryptic lined up along side SOE in the minds of mmo players across the world.

Cheers all, Washy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 416
10-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by washproof View Post
/Agree, any time real life money is used in any part of getting these ships its NOT an IN game method...

Cryptic, charge extra to look cool, more storage, toons, slots & fancy ships etc but dont charge for basic T5 ships that till this point we have not had to pay extra for!

The most upsetting thing about this is they got Dan to lie to us all and say stuff like 'things will stay the same' 'if anything things will get cheaper' etc etc... no wonder he could not bare to stay around when he saw what PWE wanted to do to STO.

If Cryptic start to chop, change and take stuff away then they may very well become this generations SOE and if so, they will not recover form the fallout. Modern MMO players are fickle and wont stand much BS before we are off onto the next game.

Cryptic needs to take care of its original fan base before going after the freeloaders, they need put distance between STO and other high end theme park mmo's (looks in SWTOR's direction)**SNIP**

Cheers all, Washy.
I stopped reading where I snipped. SWTOR and STO are incomparable by design. I'd recommend restraint in trying to compare games that cater to different ( and sometimes opposing ) audiences. It doesn't support your argument.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 417
10-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
TGN, I respect you and have agreed with you on many things. This, however, is not one of those times. People still have to buy the CP with money. Also, they need to be willing to part with said purchased CP in order to get the Dilithium. With the ease that one can attain Dilithium only the laziest people and people without a lot of free time will do this.

If, as the poster above me stated, there were ways to earn CP without having to buy it, I can see where your argument has merit. Only Gold members who get the monthly stipend could potentially do this.

That's not to state that I don't like it. I'm all for it. However, there needs to be more ways to earn C-Store ships than just outright buying them and trading RD for CP.
What are people talking about? Yes, someone has to acquire CP for this to work...obviously.

It could be a lifer getting it as a stipened, or a gold member, or somebody purchasing it. However it is obtained, the point remains the same; YOU don't have to pay for it.

YOU just need to grind and trade, neither of which requires you paying a dime. Who gives a crap if the person you are trading from bought the CPs or got them from the stipened, OR traded for the CP in the hopes of later getting a better exchange rate from the player base.

That said; I'm with you on being irritated at the price increases. They better have good sales and they better happen often.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 418
10-20-2011, 08:58 AM
We give a crap because it forces us to rely on the unreliability of others.
We must now "compete" to get C-Store points at the best price, rather than being able to grind for a guaranteed ship after X amount of time for X amount of currency that is always available without fail.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 419
10-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler42 View Post
What are people talking about? Yes, someone has to acquire CP for this to work...obviously.

It could be a lifer getting it as a stipened, or a gold member, or somebody purchasing it. However it is obtained, the point remains the same; YOU don't have to pay for it.

YOU just need to grind and trade, neither of which requires you paying a dime. Who gives a crap if the person you are trading from bought the CPs or got them from the stipened, OR traded for the CP in the hopes of later getting a better exchange rate from the player base.

That said; I'm with you on being irritated at the price increases. They better have good sales and they better happen often.
Sigh. You don't get it, do you? SOMEBODY has to buy the CP. SOMEBODY has to want to give up CP for Dilithium. SOMEBODY has to rely on said transaction is not hosing them.

By letting the playerbase control how much 1CP is worth in Dilithium, Cryptic could end up with a problem on their hands. We care because, as Alexraptor pointed out, there will be stiff competition as to who gets a good deal, the "grind" is unreliable to the point where it could take less than a day or it could take months to earn the ship "without having to pay for it".

All we ask for is a RELIABLE way to earn ships in-game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 AM.