Lt. Commander
Path to F2P Dev Blog #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen D'Angelo
Oh, and before I go, we plan to re-instate the free starship token at the Lt Commander and Commander rank for all players. We plan to continue the discount token for Silver players at the Captain and Rear Admiral rank, while Gold players will get the free starship at those ranks (if they are a subscriber at the time of rank-up). We do not plan to have any free starship at the Vice Admiral rank.
Alright, community, this is progress, Cryptic still is having the Excelsior and Nebula classes going into the C-store, and no comments about C-store prices at all. But still this is a victory.
Keep pushing community, keep getting the word out, and keep doing what you're doing, and we will hopefully get it all back.

-
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 07:52 PM
and yet someone posted this 20min before you did.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-12-2011, 07:53 PM
its still a victory, and people need to know that something we did took place. This will hopefully strengthen the resolve and continue to push.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-12-2011, 09:24 PM
so they took away two high level ships from you and made you pay for them, then gave you two low level ships for free and you consider this a victory?

I'd hate to be in your army.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-13-2011, 05:09 AM
so effectively we (we as in Subs and LTA) lost two Tier 3 ships to the C-Store and the Tier 5 / VA1 Retrofit Token.

No, they can't be just happy that we only get ONE OF THREE Retrofits at endgame, and if we want all 3
which maybe even is going to be a viable option with the Skilltree Revamp (soon TM)... we might even buy all 3 anyway.
Now if we make new ALTs we run into the Endgame C-Store wall and have to buy them all 3 anyway.

the dilithium thing i would have maybe accepted as "the new plan"...
if there was enough dilthium going around and Merits actually converted to dilithium instead of being "phased out".

but "everything stays the same, you just have to pay for the Endgame Ship on your next char"...

that is still loosing important stuff.

Not a WIN.
I'd even go so far to say that this was the plan all along, and they only told us now.

Also no Ships for Dilithium is a big FAIL for the whole dilithium / c-point exchange economy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-13-2011, 05:13 AM
I'm convinced they only did it as an experiment, but the lack of the proper dilithium implementation killed it stone dead.

Not so much a victory, imo.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Indeed its not a win, they take away ALL the endgame ships from us, and then patronize us by offering us Free tokens up until the rank of Rear Admiral, and pretend its all fine.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-13-2011, 05:41 AM
Yeah i saw the dev blog as more of a 'one step forward, two steps back.'

I'm beginning to feel like this skit based on 'that other' IP.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-13-2011, 05:44 AM
Alex and the rest of you, I agree that we still have alot of work to do, but you have to take the victories when you get them.

This shows that they are reading this and that the community is in a uproar.

Let this be encouragement to continue and get the rest back. If we have to fight back inch by inch we will. As I said this is a small victory, but the war continues.

The good job is to the community for fighting this first hurdle, which is always the hardest, it shows that this community cares enough to keep this fight going. And I say keep going.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-13-2011, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
so they took away two high level ships from you and made you pay for them, then gave you two low level ships for free and you consider this a victory?

I'd hate to be in your army.

I will be ****ed off if that's the case. I have the Nebula T5 on my Science but i haven't been on to check her, im scared haha.