Lt. Commander
# 11
10-13-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie25 View Post
I will be ****ed off if that's the case. I have the Nebula T5 on my Science but i haven't been on to check her, im scared haha.
they have made the VAs C-store only now instead of being available with in game currency, combined with the jacked up prices, they have made being a VA more expensive, plus no token at VA rank up for a free ship.

If you already have it that shouldn't affect it, but what this means is that the VA ships are being taken away, I believe this should be the next target in the assault.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-13-2011, 06:03 AM
I better start buying Nebulas for each of my toon if thats the case. So i been robbed and get nothing in return?I might not buy another thing on the C-Store if that's the case. Thanks for letting me know m8.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-13-2011, 11:43 AM
So how do you guys recommend lengthening the game content?

Seriously, depending on how much Dilithium is given during mission ends, you may never have to worry about ship tokens.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Indeed its not a win, they take away ALL the endgame ships from us, and then patronize us by offering us Free tokens up until the rank of Rear Admiral, and pretend its all fine.
First you complained about the discount token and now that they've removed that, you complain about the next best thing without even acknowledging that they've already listened to the community.
These poor guys just cannot win...

That being said:
Endgame ships=T5 ships.

So, no. They are NOT taking away ALL of them. As for the VA ones, I never understood why we got that token anyway.
It is ok to put some effort into things, you know. If you don't wanna pay for them with real money, just farm some damn dilithium.
It's not much diferent from farming 500 emblems right now.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Endgame ships = Vice Admiral, Aka top rank/level ships.

And your wrong, they can win, and thats by stop trying to screw us over for a quick buck.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-13-2011, 09:28 PM
so sto is being turned into a grinding game

that's good tbh, the influx of very rare items atm is simply ridicilous and with the new economy, very rare items will become rares, whilst rare items will be MUCH easier to acces (stfs anyone?)

use crafted gear, grind for the better one, it's like that now, it's gonna be like that after f2p, the only difference is, now u can grind to actually unlock cstore content, not to buy something for a single character (ik we, the playerbase, have to buy it, but hey, they gotta make money somehow and it's MUCH better than most grindfests out there where they make u grind for gear and pay (from ur own wallet, not someone else's) for content)
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Now if only they would live up to their word about letting Gold players retain every perk they've had up until now (VA/LG ships will now be C-Store exclusive, instead f getting a VA/LG token at the cap for a single free VA ship).. Or about how the C-Store would be cosmetic items only (Acidic and Crystalline Hortas, Rhode Island, Venture, Vor'Kang, Thunderchild, & K'Tinga Retrofit)..
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Endgame ships = Vice Admiral, Aka top rank/level ships.
You can do VA content just as fine in an RA ship, which means they're endgame ships too.
Quote:
And your wrong, they can win, and thats by stop trying to screw us over for a quick buck.
In case you haven't noticed, they're going F2P. They HAVE to find other ways to make some earnings.
And, as I said, if you don't wanna pay, farm dilithium instead.
Its not like there's much else to do at endgame.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
I'm beginning to feel like this skit based on 'that other' IP.
I havenīt laughed so much for a long time. Thx for that link!
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-14-2011, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExeider View Post
Path to F2P Dev Blog #10

Alright, community, this is progress, Cryptic still is having the Excelsior and Nebula classes going into the C-store, and no comments about C-store prices at all. But still this is a victory.
Keep pushing community, keep getting the word out, and keep doing what you're doing, and we will hopefully get it all back.

You mean like a test server should operate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExeider View Post
they have made the VAs C-store only now instead of being available with in game currency, combined with the jacked up prices, they have made being a VA more expensive, plus no token at VA rank up for a free ship.

If you already have it that shouldn't affect it, but what this means is that the VA ships are being taken away, I believe this should be the next target in the assault.
You are wrong, just plain wrong. Everything in the C-store is going to be grind-able. Are you not following the plan? Seriously, are you ignorant of how the economy will work? Save your protests for matters you understand, this isn't one.