Lt. Commander
# 11
10-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post

There it is, folks. We've officially entered p2w territory. No longer are C-Store ships just "plus one" ships, they're actually acknowledged to have an advantage over standard ships.

Does this mean the Devs can finally admit the Rhode Island is OP?

And as far as Fed consoles go, I think the only one we don't know about is the Bellerophon's (Sci). The Exeter has a FAW turret, Gladius has a speed/defense buff, and Sao Paulo has the quad cannons.
So, what can we do about it?

0) Complain. That we should do definitely.
1) Leave the game.
2) Just get over it and buy these ships. Because you sure as hell won't make the entire community not use P2W ships! (We can do it for tournaments).

I am not ready yet to give up STO. Maybe I'll just do 0 and 2?

It really leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth, though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-13-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
So, what can we do about it?

1) Leave the game.
2) Just get over it and buy these ships. Because you sure as hell won't make the entire community not use P2W ships! (We can do it for tournaments).

I am not ready yet to give up STO. Maybe I'll just do 0 and 2?

It really leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth, though.
3) Realize that P2W doesn't matter against NPCs... come to terms with PvP being a joke... and a complete afterthought / No thought for Cryptic....
4) If you are that big a trekker Go to 6.
5) Go to 10.... um I mean 1.
6) suck it up forget the que exists.... and enjoy smacking around the same group of borg you toasted yesterday... and the day before yesterday... and the day before before yesterday... ect. Don't forget to smile as well... If your going to let Cryptic dry hump your wallet you should smile.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-13-2011, 04:11 AM
The devious aspect of all this is that Cryptic doesn't just sell these "Premium" ships with extra powers. But also with a kick-*** costume. And I want those costumes. (And use them). Anyone remember if the Rhode Island costume works on the regular Nova as well (or just the other way around)?
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-13-2011, 04:13 AM
Quote:

1) Leave the game.
First 0, a loooooooooooooot of 0.. then maybe a bit of 2, then a loooooooooooot 0 again, to end up with a 1.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-13-2011, 04:23 AM
cryptic needs to make money. so he makes things that people would want for game play. pay to win pays for the bills. if you want this game to be around in a year this is the way its going to happen. do i like it. no i dont. but i would like the game to be around for a while longer and this is the way to do it. if you did not already know this was the way things were going before they annoced the ships were better than the ones that dont cost real life money then you need to pull your head out of your ***. you were *****ing about it before hand and now you *****ing that they told you its what we already know
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-13-2011, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Anyone remember if the Rhode Island costume works on the regular Nova as well (or just the other way around)?
It does, buy tou gotta buy it
Cryptic would make an infinately greater sum out of me if they sold all the costumes seperately from the ****.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-13-2011, 06:13 AM
So glad my sub is cancelled now. Oh and I won't be giving them one dollar of my money from here on, unless a cstore ship comes with a night with (insert hot female celebrity here) it ain't going to happen.

And Nick, sure they need to make money. But they could have avoided this predicament in the first place by not making a Bargain Bin grade game. They could easily, also sustain business on cstore ships that are balanced with the existing ones (such as MVAM, Excelsior, Nebula, Karfi, Brel etc). But cryptic decided that balance is too hard, so they'll just go with the throw crap desperately at the wall and hope it sticks method. We'll be seeing more of this the closer to 12-20 we get.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-13-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
3) Realize that P2W doesn't matter against NPCs... come to terms with PvP being a joke... and a complete afterthought / No thought for Cryptic....
4) If you are that big a trekker Go to 6.
5) Go to 10.... um I mean 1.
6) suck it up forget the que exists.... and enjoy smacking around the same group of borg you toasted yesterday... and the day before yesterday... and the day before before yesterday... ect. Don't forget to smile as well... If your going to let Cryptic dry hump your wallet you should smile.
does #6 come with dinner?
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-13-2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
So glad my sub is cancelled now. Oh and I won't be giving them one dollar of my money from here on, unless a cstore ship comes with a night with (insert hot female celebrity here) it ain't going to happen.

And Nick, sure they need to make money. But they could have avoided this predicament in the first place by not making a Bargain Bin grade game. They could easily, also sustain business on cstore ships that are balanced with the existing ones (such as MVAM, Excelsior, Nebula, Karfi, Brel etc). But cryptic decided that balance is too hard, so they'll just go with the throw crap desperately at the wall and hope it sticks method. We'll be seeing more of this the closer to 12-20 we get.
but 12-20 from what i read has lol pvp. idk?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
but 12-20 from what i read has lol pvp. idk?
As compared to what we have here?...
Closed Thread