Lt. Commander
# 51
10-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickofnack
i have a lot more exp under my belt in the game than your self. I even do clan wars. 1 good tank can make a diff. I have seen people kill 10 by themselves to turn a battle around. best i have done is 9. you just have to know what your doing. Hell a buddy and i killed 13 out of the 15 guys in one battle. my best advice is l2p your p2w tanks. the match making system is fine. but you wont ever find a game that your happy with.

The match making is horrible for beginners because you go in with T1 and up against T10, I know it is supposed to balance but a T1 heavy cannot touch a T10 heavy. I am learning though the biggest thing is this game reliies on experience each tank has a soft spot and it is matter of finding it and hitting and remmembering where it is every time you come up against the tank type
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
only real addition is a pointless one to the least used ship in the game (Kar'fi by Cryptic's own numbers)...........*sigh*..........
Honestly, I feel the changes to the Kar'fi are a GRAND improvement, how ever small they are. It's still the same old Kar'fi, but it can now provide more then it could before. The Phase cloak is like Ablative, if Ablative were Enhanced Battle Cloak.

So it's FAR from pointless improvement to the Kar'fi. Especially if you add on at least 2 Peices of the new KDF Set from doing Borg STF Fleet Actions that are the new Cure and Infected. The Hanger bay recharges so fast that even Siphon Pods become EXTREMELY useful. Because as fast as you can kill them with FAW, another 2 waves can be resummoned.

Of course, the Vor'quv is still the superior Carrier, but the new improvements to the Kar'fi are welcomed and far from Pointless.
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
# T5 Galaxy Retrofit

* Saucer Separation is not a Console item.
* Added Science Console slot.

# T5 Defiant Retrofit

* Cloak is not a Cloaking Device Console item.
* Added Engineering Console Slot.
Is it possible that they just mistyped "not" and meant "now"? I like my Defiant but if it just gained a console slot for free then that is pretty borked. Sure, it might bring it closer in line with the rest of the overpowered crap that's on the way but I'm hoping this is just a simple mistyping issue.
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-20-2011, 05:23 PM
No, Salami confirmed he meant to type not, and that is the way it should be. however Boglejam was able to confirm quickly upon tribble log in that ships like the Def-r and Gal-x get a "locked" console and an extra console slot to put it in. It just goes to show how little the devs know about their own game.
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Is it possible that they just mistyped "not" and meant "now"? I like my Defiant but if it just gained a console slot for free then that is pretty borked. Sure, it might bring it closer in line with the rest of the overpowered crap that's on the way but I'm hoping this is just a simple mistyping issue.
When I last logged in Gearhead that I had transfered over, the Defiant's Cloak was a Console. And as of logging in a minute ago, It's still where I left it, in it's extra engineering slot. I haven't taken the ship out to check if that console matters or not how ever.

And after going to space, you need the console for Cloak. Other wise you lose the ability to Cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Honestly, I feel the changes to the Kar'fi are a GRAND improvement, how ever small they are. It's still the same old Kar'fi, but it can now provide more then it could before. The Phase cloak is like Ablative, if Ablative were Enhanced Battle Cloak.

So it's FAR from pointless improvement to the Kar'fi. Especially if you add on at least 2 Peices of the new KDF Set from doing Borg STF Fleet Actions that are the new Cure and Infected. The Hanger bay recharges so fast that even Siphon Pods become EXTREMELY useful. Because as fast as you can kill them with FAW, another 2 waves can be resummoned.

Of course, the Vor'quv is still the superior Carrier, but the new improvements to the Kar'fi are welcomed and far from Pointless.
I don't know what the KDF set bonuses are from the STFs but unless it's something incredible then I don't think that it matters much. The Kar'fi's problem has always been limited survivability for limited usefulness and while it's usefulness has improved with opening up it's hangars, it's survivability has not......and that would be fine if it could launch at a great distance like a real carrier, but it can't.

The Kar'fi needs more attention than an extra hangar and a gimmick console power, it has the size or a cruiser, without the survivability of one or of the Vo'Quv and all a person has to do is look at one and decide how they like their Kar'fi served to them: flame-broiled or extra crispy...
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
I don't know what the KDF set bonuses are from the STFs but unless it's something incredible then I don't think that it matters much.
The 2 Set bonus speeds up the Recharge of a Ship with Cloak. Or it speeds up the Recharge of a ship with Hangers. And the recharge speed on the Hangers is EXTREME. (I personally suspect it to be a bug, or it will be deemed one if it stays the way it is now)

For example. With out the Set, the Hanger recharges on Siphon Pods, at Aux Setting of 114 at about 29 seconds. With the bonus, it's Nearly less then 1 second. Granted this bonus only works on pets deemed as "Fighter" class. Meaning it won't work on BoPs or Frigates. (There is I believe a bug on the set right now with the Frigates as well, as even those will recharge in the blink of an eye, I also noticed that anything that has Carrier, or Kar'fi in it's name gets a wierd +5% Bonus to recharge speed, which is where I believe the Bug resides))

I expect this to be Fixed some time after launch if it does not get fixed before the big Skills Revamp testing that is supposed to be happening next week.
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
The 2 Set bonus speeds up the Recharge of a Ship with Cloak. Or it speeds up the Recharge of a ship with Hangers. And the recharge speed on the Hangers is EXTREME. (I personally suspect it to be a bug, or it will be deemed one if it stays the way it is now)
Is that all that the 2-set bonus does? If so then it is profoundly useless to half of the ships in the KDF arsenal, I think that I'll stick with the Borg set in that case.....

As for the rest, I'm sure that it's working as intended
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Is that all that the 2-set bonus does? If so then it is profoundly useless to half of the ships in the KDF arsenal, I think that I'll stick with the Borg set in that case.....

As for the rest, I'm sure that it's working as intended
For ships that Cloak, it reduces the recharge time signifantly. To the point that it is also instantious. So you could Decloak, Deploy an attack, and then recloak right after you fire your weapons (if it's Battle cloak)
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Quote:
For ships that Cloak, it reduces the recharge time signifantly. To the point that it is also instantious. So you could Decloak, Deploy an attack, and then recloak right after you fire your weapons (if it's Battle cloak)
Yeah man I got that, but for people who fly the Raptor/Gurumba/Negh'var/Vor'cha/Varanus it is useless because they can't recloak once in combat (or cloak at all).

Unless you're telling me that it converts a standard cloak into a battle cloak......
Closed Thread