Lt. Commander
# 61
10-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
Yeah man I got that, but for people who fly the Raptor/Gurumba/Negh'var/Vor'cha/Varanus it is useless because they can't recloak once in combat (or cloak at all).

Unless you're telling me that it converts a standard cloak into a battle cloak......
3 Peices of the set does give an AOE MES. But.. other then that.. No.
Lt. Commander
# 62
10-21-2011, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Is it possible that they just mistyped "not" and meant "now"? I like my Defiant but if it just gained a console slot for free then that is pretty borked. Sure, it might bring it closer in line with the rest of the overpowered crap that's on the way but I'm hoping this is just a simple mistyping issue.
He specifically stated at some point it was not mis-typed. But weirdly enough, my Defiant-R also still had the cloak console.

So who knows what's really going on, if even the Devs seem confused. Fact now is that we still have those consoles. Whether that is intentional or not is unclear. (Heck, it seems the recent crafting change only hit the Fed Crafting tables so far. Maybe they botched something. EIther in the thread, or in the build. Or their design. Okay, the design definitely.)
Lt. Commander
# 63
10-21-2011, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
He specifically stated at some point it was not mis-typed. But weirdly enough, my Defiant-R also still had the cloak console.

So who knows what's really going on, if even the Devs seem confused. Fact now is that we still have those consoles. Whether that is intentional or not is unclear. (Heck, it seems the recent crafting change only hit the Fed Crafting tables so far. Maybe they botched something. EIther in the thread, or in the build. Or their design. Okay, the design definitely.)
Just another instance of the devs not knowing what their own game does.

Boglejam proved Salami wrong minutes after Salami posted "he did not typo and things were the way he said it was". There was no acknowledgement on Salami's part he understood and posted wrong. It's amazing players can't even trust the authors of the release notes of build changes to be true and correct anymore. And I don't want to hear about how "oh we are making so many changes we can't keep track of it all properly". That is a problem they have created for themselves; so too frakin bad. Get it right or don't do it at all. What a bunch of morons.
Lt. Commander
# 64
10-21-2011, 04:07 AM
WOW.....I'm glad I haven't played this game seriously in what 14 months. Nice job Cryptic ruin your player base by offering Pay To Win as the new way to MMO. Your is going to be on permanent life support because your just the typical buisness man. Never listens to the consumer and the company goes downhill, personel leave, ruins the company reputation and the game shuts down. This people is a perfect example of what exactly buisness around the world are damn FAILING. The failure to adapt to the consumers needs and failure of using risk in order to make a successful buisness.

Whatever, at this rate I'm going to pray for another company to make a REAL Star Trek MMO but at this rate Star Trek Franchise itself is almost certain gone. That is how I feel about this and most of what you have left as player base would also agree with me on this. But whatever don't listen like you guys never do. It's just like politics. NOTHING CHANGES!
Lt. Commander
# 65
10-21-2011, 05:32 AM
Well the only ship, that mostly profited from the patch is the Galaxy X.
This ship is indeed a bit better now than the Sovereign, because the cloak is not as useful in normal arena pvp
as an extra console slot.
Lt. Commander
# 66
10-21-2011, 06:50 AM
Seems to me too many people even *care* whether or not it's going P2W.

I'm sorry, but when did this become a competition?

I don't care one iota if I'm a "better" or more efficient player than any of you. I don't play this game to win. I play this game to immerse myself in and enjoy the universe it's based in. I play this game to follow the story for my crew and let my imagination play out the rest.

Yeah, I realize I'm in the minority.

And that's a damned shame.
Lt. Commander
# 67
10-21-2011, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
For ships that Cloak, it reduces the recharge time signifantly. To the point that it is also instantious. So you could Decloak, Deploy an attack, and then recloak right after you fire your weapons (if it's Battle cloak)
That sounds interesting and very useful.
Now if I could actually recieve the consoles when I buy the ships on Tribble.........
thankfully it was only fake wasted cpoints.
Lt. Commander
# 68
10-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGideon

I don't care one iota if I'm a "better" or more efficient player than any of you. I don't play this game to win. I play this game to immerse myself in and enjoy the universe it's based in. I play this game to follow the story for my crew and let my imagination play out the rest.

I'm sorry some of us want a Quality Game to play. Not some bargain bin want to be that is suffering from chronic delusions of grandeur.

If you want, immersion etc there are far better titles out there to do it with. Or better yet, just go read a star trek book and watch the shows and movies. This game's story is terrible, and it plays anything but like Star Trek. Games by nature are meant to be played. When a game ceases to put out a quality gameplay experience for all but the most die hard of Nerds of a franchise there's major problems.

This game has consistently tried to cater to the bottom of the lowest common denominator since launch. The people that just want to see pretty graphics of their starships and nothing more, and it's plumetting subscription and profitability is proof of the the lack of effort.
Lt. Commander
# 69
10-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Quote:

Um, when did this become a competition? When we queued up for Arenas to go against each other?
Lt. Commander
# 70
10-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:

Is that the point of PvP there is usually a winner and a loser. IF you do not take it seriously then I guess you get no joy or frustration when you win or lose. Humans by nature are competitive whether it is against an AI or another person. Now winning isn't everything but enjoyment is, a good PvP battle is more rewarding win or lose than winning 10 matches in a row against a PuG or a group- that uses crap powers because they think that is the way the game needs to be played.
Closed Thread