Lt. Commander
# 1 Video out of Mem crashes
09-25-2011, 11:10 AM
This is the first couple of times following the 4.0 season when I had the following crash errors.

"Fatal Error: There is not enough available video memory. Please choose lower resolution settings, or close other graphics applications.
Technical Details: E_OUTOFMEMORY while creating 2D texture size 512x512 (10 mips, RTEX_DXT1), 2.00GB memory available."

Anyone else having this problem or know a way of solving this problem? I am currently running nvidia GTX 260 896mb, with 4gb ram, windows xp home ed.
Lt. Commander
# 2 me too
09-25-2011, 04:31 PM
same is happening to me and has for 8 or 9 months now. I'm running a Radeom HD 4350.
but with me the crash only occurs on either Earth Space Dock or First City. So I try to avoid those places when ever its possible so as to not ruin my game experience but as you can imagine avoiding these particular places is not easy and almost a game breaker. I've force verified dozens of times. I've kept my video drivers updated constantly since this all started happening. I've deleted my hogg files and repatched.
And still none of it has solved this problem. I hope someone who has had this problem themselves and fixed it might be able to help a few of us out. Heres to hoping and a 9 month wait for cryptic to fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-26-2011, 03:05 AM
go into the Video tab scroll down and open the troubleshooting section then scoll further down and set the memory option to the max of your card.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Still happening to me
10-17-2011, 03:30 PM
bumpity bump