Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
I think I may have misse dsomething here, every other ship I have ever purchased on the C-Store, especially the 1200 pt ones has ALWAYS been an account wide unlock for all my characters who can use it.

However now it seems they are PER CHARACTER purchases? when did this happen, when was this announced?

this does not seem particularly fair going from same priced items that were for an entire account to same priced items for a single character.

Having just spent 1200 pts on a ship expecting it to be an account unlock like every other one Ive purchased before has been (which is manY) has left me FAR from impressed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Which ship is this?

Just taken a look at the web C-Store and they're all advertised as Account-wide unlocks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Which ship is this?

Just taken a look at the web C-Store and they're all advertised as Account-wide unlocks.
Nebula Science Refit

and im pretty unhappy about it, like I say every other ship I've bought has been account wide and there is nothing stated any differently in this 1200pt ships description to imply it is otherwise and you it shows as locked and availabelfor purchase for my other Sci VA's, whereas every other ship ive bought shows as FREE to everyone because they're account wide.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
Nebula Science Refit

and im pretty unhappy about it, like I say every other ship I've bought has been account wide and there is nothing stated any differently in this 1200pt ships description to imply it is otherwise and you it shows as locked and availabelfor purchase for my other Sci VA's, whereas every other ship ive bought shows as FREE to everyone because they're account wide.
I had heard rumors that this change was possible for F2P, but it sounded like such a bad idea I didn't give it credit. This is still far from confirmation of anything but a possible bug. Definitely worth keeping an eye on, though.

NeoWolf, bug report it and keep us posted on how it turns out. Hopefully other people will post here if they have the same issue (and maybe a dev will stop by to say 'yep, just a bug').

Z
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, i buy the Nebula long time ago, but I cant claim it with my tactical officer. A fleetmate has the same problems. The other ships looks fine.
Looks like to be a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Just logged in and all my RA ships are redeeming fine, report it as a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Just for completeness in this, but you bought the ship on Holodeck and it is a high enough character on Holodeck who cannot claim it?

The C-Store on tribble doesnt seem to be linked to Holodeck so any character there couldn't claim it almost by design.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
Just for completeness in this, but you bought the ship on Holodeck and it is a high enough character on Holodeck who cannot claim it?

The C-Store on tribble doesnt seem to be linked to Holodeck so any character there couldn't claim it almost by design.
Yup high enough I have a whole bunch of Va's on holodeck.

After much messing around it seems it just doesnt register as available the same as other ships. all ships purchased you are only supposed to be able to have one active of at a time i.e to have another on another character you would need to decommission the existing one first, or so I am led to believe.

But the Nebula doesnt list in your CStore purchases the same as other purchases, BUT if you go to the ship requisitions vendor on ESD you can get it on a character other than the purchaser as it lists at 0 cost. So that puts my mind at ease.

However it does begger the question as to why they have it showing in Cstore as only unlocked on the purchaser which is HUGELY misleading.

On a side note while messing around I also noticed the New Venture class Refit isnt listed in the Ship Requisitions vendor at all, so if you buy that the only apparent way to redeem that one is via the Cstor window itself, which again is odd and confusion causing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Well, i buy the Nebula long time ago, but I cant claim it with my tactical officer. A fleetmate has the same problems. The other ships looks fine.
Looks like to be a bug.
Well it is a Science Ship Refit lol not that that actually makes any difference being a skill based game. wierd sounds like you have another bug .
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
Well it is a Science Ship Refit lol not that that actually makes any difference being a skill based game. wierd sounds like you have another bug .
Well, I dont want to have with my tact, I was just testing your bug report.. I use the Nebula with my scie toon.