Lt. Commander
where do they go? Saw the icon in my Inventory, dbl clicked and it said I've got a bunch of new officers...
But, no Blue or Purple ones at all...it does advertise that there will be at least one random Blue or better...
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-13-2011, 11:01 AM
That is a good question, as I have made two purchases of Doff's from the C-store both of which included one blue and a few greens.

Sounds like you may have been cheated.

My only issue with the Doff system so far is I that get no notification when one of them gets killed during a mission. They either complete the mission successfully and return to duty, complete the mission and wind up in sick bay, or it seems they can be killed even during a successful mission, but I would prefer a record or notification with a bit more detail perhaps?

If they are indeed going to Stovokor, at least let me and my crew know if it was an honarable death, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-13-2011, 11:05 AM
No it doesnt. It promises 1 Rare or better and a couple of Uncommons of better. This has nothing to do with the Duty Officer's color (quality).

You get white quality rare Doffs. Click the portrait and it will say "Uncommon" etc. Thats what the C-store promises.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil
No it doesnt. It promises 1 Rare or better and a couple of Uncommons of better. This has nothing to do with the Duty Officer's color (quality).

You get white quality rare Doffs. Click the portrait and it will say "Uncommon" etc. Thats what the C-store promises.
^^This. There's a disconnect between quality and rarity in Doffs. We're trained to think that color makes rarity and quality the same playing MMO's as long as we have, but here you can certainly have a common blue or a rare white Doff.

I'm neither here nor there about it, I'm just overjoyed to have the system to test.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-13-2011, 03:54 PM
I bought five packs of Doffs, and should've gotten according to the description of the item on the C-store gotten at least 5 Doffs of rare or better quality. Didn't get a single one. Of course, that was right after the C-store went up on Tribble. I've no idea if they've fixed it and it would work right now.

As for the meaning of the colors, yes, there are purple doffs listing in the commendation store that appear to be less worthwhile than some of their blue counterparts (fewer traits). I did notice though that between a common duty officer being assigned a mission, and an uncommon green one with the same traits getting the same assignment, the success rate is usually raised about one percent higher on the green one.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-13-2011, 05:55 PM
The C-Store duty officer packs have been updated to give out duty officers based on quality (color) rather than rarity.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Oh no, now I'm going to have to decide which DOFFs I want to airlock....
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The C-Store duty officer packs have been updated to give out duty officers based on quality (color) rather than rarity.
So this is in the new Tribble build now?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-13-2011, 06:12 PM
honestly I think they owe us some new ones. I looked and i did not get what they said I should get. Hope this is taken care of ASAP either by renewing our points we spent on packs that did not have what they said or give us new packs.......
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil

True enough. That is what it says. But and it is a big but;

If people spend points for Duties then they are going to expect a better quality than what is available in game. If not whats the point?