Lt. Commander
# 11
10-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The C-Store duty officer packs have been updated to give out duty officers based on quality (color) rather than rarity.
Well, that's great...so I'm just s.o.l...grrr
I knew I shouldn't of wasted points on those stupid things.
Something was telling me it was a mistake even as I did it.
but, hey, it's just a test server.
Live and learn I guess, ya got me on that one...
I won't buy anymore, that's for sure.
Ever.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
When I accept a Cadre either from C-Store or from DO Assignment, the names just flash on my screen and then I have to go into my Duty Roster to see what I got.

It would be nice to have either a mouse over or window pop-up from the Cadre object that shows me what I'm getting in detail.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Frankly, if we're buying DOFFs on the C-store, the number and/or average quality should go way up. The randomness makes it too easy to get hosed since you have no way of choosing what you get.

I'd prefer to see more DOFF offers via the DOFF system itself so players don't feel obligated to pay for them, but if Cryptic is going to insist on C-store versions, then players should be able to buy specific quality and/or specialties, at whatever price is deemed fair for the level of choice.

I still can't find 2 or 3 specific DOFF specialty types that would allow me to do stuff like create those new deployables. That's for both my Fed and Klingon characters. Heck, only one of them has found a biologist yet for something simple like Tribble breeding. Naturally it's the Klingon-side one, so I'm not exactly getting much use out of it.

If the captain xp gain is removed or seriously curtailed so people can't get to the cap in a week without running "real" missions, and the cxp rewards or tier breakpoints get adjusted so there's some hope of getting a tier 4 inside of 3 months of persistent multiple logins per day play, then I see the DOFF system as a valid and entertaining supplementary rewards/buff system. As it stood before the patch tonight, it was an auto-leveling tool that super-boosted captain xp while making little to no headway on cxp. If the server ever comes up again, I'll be interested to find out if the changes so far actually improve things.

Speaking of, are we really expected to be able to earn those Holodeck rewards for a tier 4 accomplishment? I've been spamming high-value medical assignments from my earliest chance, yet I'm still almost a week away from tier 2 on one at the pace I've established. The other has barely broken tier 1 even though some Klingon medical assignments are actually much more valuable in cxp per hour than any Fed ones I've yet to see.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-13-2011, 07:14 PM
The different color schemes annoys me! Can we just have one standard way to tell which BO's and Doff's are more rare than others instead of having two completely different systems?
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-13-2011, 07:27 PM
I believe the Duty Officer pack is the same as a reward for completing one of the Doff assignments.

I was a little disappointed when I bought the pack, and then got the same Doffs in a Doff assignment a day or 2 later.

Definitely not worth the Cstore points unless you absolutely want to have more Doffs right away.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-13-2011, 10:07 PM
If Cryptic is going to insist on C-store DOFFs and keep the in-game aquisition so rare and time consuming to get, i agree, those doffs better dang well go up. No one I know is going to pay actual $$$ just to get CRAP white Doffs. Make them mostly blues and a purple or something then we'll talk.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-14-2011, 01:05 AM
As previously noted in a few different places, C-Store duty officer packs as of today are being given based on color quality rather than rarity.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-14-2011, 02:48 AM
Can new officers (obtained within the last 24 hours or so) be highlighted in my roster? It's a bit difficult to find them the bigger the roster gets.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-14-2011, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
When I accept a Cadre either from C-Store or from DO Assignment, the names just flash on my screen and then I have to go into my Duty Roster to see what I got.

It would be nice to have either a mouse over or window pop-up from the Cadre object that shows me what I'm getting in detail.
I agree with this. It would be nice to be able to view my new DOffs without having to freeze my chat window while I scrolled through my roster looking for them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-14-2011, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
As previously noted in a few different places, C-Store duty officer packs as of today are being given based on color quality rather than rarity.
So how about some more Test C-points? So we can test to see how its working now with this fix, there are alot of people that spent their points on the broken doff packs.