Lt. Commander
# 181
10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
it's not so much caring as it is common courtesy. plus, they're supposed to be testing out the new economy. wiping someone's 100k from their account really isn't going to make them want to start again, is it?

Regardless, I'm sure it'll be fine anyway.
Unless I missed something the exchange of C-Store points for dilithium hasn't started. That being the case the true economy testing hasn't even started. Of all the things they could be working on, spending time sifting through logs or potentionally writing a buggy script to sift through logs to see how much dilithium a beta character should have is pretty low on my priority list.

Edit: The exchange of C-Store to dilithium and back is really the only economy of any significance.
Lt. Commander
# 182
10-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Ok folks, what do you think of this: 31 days = VA token. To explain,

VA ships costs 2k CP(c-points). 2k CP costs $25. They dont want people going gold for 1 month, which only cost $15, to get the free VA token and then canceling, because that would give you a $10 cheaper way to get a VA ship when you got to that rank.

However, if someone is subscribed for 2 months that = $30, meaning Cryptic gets the $25 they would normally get for buying 2k CP and an extra $5. However, a person wouldnt actually have to wait 2 full months before they got their VA token, they would only need to wait until they were billed the 2nd time.

You are billed every 30 days, so that means after 31 days as a gold member you would qualify for your free VA token. How does that sound?
I like hte idea, could integrate it into the veteran rewards. Worst case throw it in for the 100 day vets.
Not as fast as what your saying since it would take around 4 months for new people, but it would be easier to add to the system if they aren't willing to have a sub 100 day vet reward, an alternative closer to your suggestion would be a 32 to 50 day Veteran reward that would insure people have to pay for 2 months to get a VA token.
Lt. Commander
# 183
10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Salami.....

Soooooooo, when's the server coming back up? =-P

R/
W911
Lt. Commander
# 184
10-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
Unless I missed something the exchange of C-Store points for dilithium hasn't started. That being the case the true economy testing hasn't even started. Of all the things they could be working on, spending time sifting through logs or potentionally writing a buggy script to sift through logs to see how much dilithium a beta character should have is pretty low on my priority list.
And that's fair enough. Yes, it's a test server, but it's also (at least, I think so), a good idea to nip this in the bud now, and to see what caused the problem, so the same thing doesn't happen on holodeck.

Is it vitally important? No, but after promising that they would lower the prices (and they did, all credit to them), they're not going to be able to get feedback on them when nobody can afford anything yet lol.

And in all honesty, i spent time and effort earning it, and they were good enough to decide that they should rectify the situation. I'm not going to complain about it, am i.

And i don't believe it's the only one of significance. A very significant, if not the most significant, sure, but not the sole one, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitman911 View Post
Salami.....

R/
W911
Shh! You know what happens when you ask!
Lt. Commander
# 185
10-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Salami.....

R/
W911
Read his sig. :p And please stop making it take longer
Lt. Commander
# 186
10-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Salami.....

R/
W911
Noooo !!!!!!
Gah, you probably just proc'd more downtime :p
Lt. Commander
# 187
10-13-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm just thrilled to see how the problem that the Galaxy X has two clickables instead of one, like all the other VA ships, will be resolved. Will she get 2 new console slots now?
Lt. Commander
# 188
10-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Decreased rarity of humans (modestly) compared to other species.
Realized I'm not sure if I understood this. Are humans becoming MORE or LESS common? Decreased rarity would imply more humans, but there's already an immense disparity between humans and Vulcans, let alone rarer Fed races, let alone the really rare races.
Lt. Commander
# 189
10-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Realized I'm not sure if I understood this. Are humans becoming MORE or LESS common? Decreased rarity would imply more humans, but there's already an immense disparity between humans and Vulcans, let alone rarer Fed races, let alone the really rare races.
It is more humans, from what I can tell.
Lt. Commander
# 190
10-13-2011, 05:43 PM
How about a choice between dilithium and a free (reduced) ship token when we level up?