Originally Posted by EbonySoul View Post
I still cant train BOs
Patch hasn't gone live yet
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Silvers get two less free ship tokens than you.
I'm of the opinion that silver players shouldn't get any tokens for ships and should rely entirely on dilithium to get their ships. Free players should have to work at getting the next ship if they want one while paying players should be be able to move on to a new ship without as much work.
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captan_Bhaal
I'm of the opinion that silver players shouldn't get any tokens for ships and should rely entirely on dilithium to get their ships. Free players should have to work at getting the next ship if they want one while paying players should be be able to move on to a new ship without as much work.
Where do you think paying players come from? You gotta get them hooked first if you want them to pay the real money.
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
•Gold members will get a free ship token at every level except for VA.
•Silver members will get a free ship token at every level through Commander, a discount on their ships at Captain and Rear Admiral, and no token at VA.

This is exactly what Sdangelo said.
Think I must have missed what was said about the Silvers also getting free tokens up to Commander. I thought they were still getting the discounts only.

My bad. :p

To be honest, it's all looking so good, and the enhancements are coming in at such an astonishing rate I think this game has some of the most enthusiastic group of developers a game and players could ever hope for.
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
I agree with this assessment and I also believe we should get either
1. a free ship token at VA
2. a high reduction for the c-store.
It seems once you hit VA you get nothing as previously we did. So then what is the big hurry to get to VA? I mean paying what 1200-1600 C-store points. To me this is a bit much for your loyal players who paid Lifetime and month;y etc subs.
I am not complaining just pointing out that the gold members should either get a free ship token or reduction in c-store for our VA ship....
Silver players should not really get free tokens since they are not paying monthly and should work their tails off for their ship
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Where do you think paying players come from? You gotta get them hooked first if you want them to pay the real money.
Indeed, my thoughts exactly.
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
I think one of the reasons they did this is because they didnt want people leveling up alts only to the first rank and then getting a big chunk of refined DL that they could trade for C-points. Giving free players ship tokens for the first 2 ranks instead of a big chunk of refined DL was the only way they could solve that.
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
I don't recall a STF ever being mentioned myself (by Cryptic anyway). The previous plan(s) may have completely changed though, and there hasn't been any official mention of it for quite a while that I remember seeing.
My apologies, It may have actually been Fleet Action, not STF. Either way, I know it was supposed to be a mission reward of some sort at one point. Guess we'll just have to take a "Wait and See" stance.
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaith View Post
Great details on what is being changed. I am sorry to hear that the leveling speed is being slowed, for those who just started on Tribble, this will be a slightly more frustrating mission for them going forward.

It is also great that gold players will now get a ship token, which will reduce the perceived cost of leveling, and possibly allow new players more variety in starting the game.

My question is, do Gold players still get the Dilithium Stipend at leveling up, or is that only going to silver players so they can buy ships after Commander level?

In other-words, just a placeholder to get in the first reply?
Yeah, just sounded nicer lol
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I think one of the reasons they did this is because they didnt want people leveling up alts only to the first rank and then getting a big chunk of refined DL that they could trade for C-points. Giving free players ship tokens for the first 2 ranks instead of a big chunk of refined DL was the only way they could solve that.
The main reason was we wanted players to keep playing. Earning ships is a huge part of the STO experience and really makes you feel like you've leveled up. We decided, after significant feedback, that this was important enough to just give them ships for the early promotions.