Lt. Commander
# 1 City on the Edge of Never
10-13-2011, 02:57 PM
The mission arc from City on the Edge of Never and Past Imperfect seems to have a few bugs in it.

First and most noticeably is that you cant go from one mission to the next without interruption like you did before. Now when you reach the Guardian you have to beam out, complete City on the Edge of Never and then pick up Past Imperfect from Quinn. Before you could simply speak to the guardian and it would start the next mission for you.

Also when you see B'vat transport with Miral off the USS Kirk and then 'drag' her threw the Guardian B'vat is saying Miral's lines instead of his.

Then in Past Imperfect I noticed that when the Enterprise was not in combat it would act glitchy. At times it would stay in one place but start twitching left and right like it wasnt sure which way to go. and I even caught it drifting, as in it was facing 90 degrees left of the direction it was flying.

The last bug is with the reward, the values for the Efficient impulse engines seem off. The most noticeable was that it gave a weapon power bonus of 0.

Now, these last two arent bugs but just something I wanted to comment on. The new voice for the Guardian, sure it sounds more like the original but it sounds worse than it did before, I dont think it works to just put a filter on it and make it better. And also I know this has been said before and I know missions arent supposed to be easy but it does not make sense for a D7 from 200 years in the past to put up any sort of fight against one of our ships.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan118 View Post
The last bug is with the reward, the values for the Efficient impulse engines seem off. The most noticeable was that it gave a weapon power bonus of 0.

This isn't a bug. It has to do with what your power levels are. Drop your weapon power levels and you'll see it move from zero to 3.2 or whatever the value is. Keep in mind these are "Efficient" so they only give you those boosts at lower power levels.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-16-2011, 11:34 PM
The old voice over sounded better and more accurate to canon. This sounds like a nerd talking into a fan. It is a new voice over, not just a filter over the old. The inflections are totally different. And I hate it.

The missions do not flow together as they did and that is bad, especially when the end of the City on the Edge of Never ends telling you to use a portal that you can't use. It's just confusing and I can't see new players or old liking it at all. I had to resort to searching for this thread because I wasn't sure what to do.

Have it tell us to Hail Starfleet. Let us turn in the mission, get Past Imperfect and then tell us to Use the Portal. Don't make us have to beam out then back in to get on with it. That two load times I think we all can do without.

And still no Spock image in Past Imperfect? Really? We know you have it. It's on the Data Recorder we get for Diplomatic Investigations. If you're going to fix this mission, please fix the things that are broken not that things that aren't.

I loved this mission before. Please don't make me hate it.

Lt. Commander
# 4
10-18-2011, 05:55 AM
I had a quite different bug. After I went to the Gateway system, and fought to the gate. I closed the dialogue, approached the gate, and wasn't able to click on it, or enter. Then I saw the "Hail Starfleet," clicked, and got my end reward and finished mission XP. Pity. It's a great story.

Oh? Never mind. I have Past Imperfect, which is a continuation. I don't remember getting XP and an end reward at the gate.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
The old voice over sounded better and more accurate to canon. This sounds like a nerd talking into a fan. It is a new voice over, not just a filter over the old. The inflections are totally different. And I hate it.
The new voice over is so horrible that one prefers to switch audio off instead of listening to it. Bring back the old one, please!
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Agree on the "new" Voiceover quality vs the "old" one... the old one is better, the new one sounds washed out.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-11-2011, 06:25 AM
i got the Efficient MK XI, says it gives a bonus to power settings, but even when there's a whole number there, it doesn't change the numbers on the poer indicators. It used to, i thought.

Also, the Paratrinic shield has a typo, it's a MK X! (that's an exclamation point)
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan118 View Post
First and most noticeably is that you cant go from one mission to the next without interruption like you did before. Now when you reach the Guardian you have to beam out, complete City on the Edge of Never and then pick up Past Imperfect from Quinn. Before you could simply speak to the guardian and it would start the next mission for you.
this is working as intended. they seperated the two arcs so that you have to hail starfleet before going through the portal. after all, do you think command would be very happy with you going back in time and screwing around with history without their knowledge?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
And still no Spock image in Past Imperfect? Really? We know you have it. It's on the Data Recorder we get for Diplomatic Investigations. If you're going to fix this mission, please fix the things that are broken not that things that aren't.
I was of the impression that we were not supposed to see Spock because it was explicitly a voice-only communication rather than appearing on your viewscreen--IIRC, your BOFF even says that it is an audio-only transmission. This would be in keeping with the plot point of Spock having realized that you are from the future and not wanting to mess with the timeline by learning too much (such as the details of your identity--he knows that you are a future Starfleet ship and that you are an ally and that is enough for him).
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-01-2012, 10:46 PM
I usually don't rant about mission issues... but this rankled me a bit.

Actually, a lot.

I played STO's "City of the Edge of Never" today with one of my newer characters. Upon finishing, I had my reward options. There was a mystery box that looked promising. After all, I had scored one of my favorite in-game items with this mission long ago: a Mark III TOS phaser rifle.

I collected my prize, then opened it.

After all of that hard work, do you know what was inside of the mystery box?

I kid you not: A Ferengi Lock Box.

I am thoroughly disgusted. I am a fan of this game, but that was outrageous. And, no, I am not going to buy any keys to see what is inside of that box.
Closed Thread