Lt. Commander
# 21
10-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post
And to be honest, your avatars don't do much to convince me that your opinion should matter, a giant "anti-cryptic" sign, to me, just says that no matter what Cryptic did you wouldn't be happy.
Call me an apologist, but I agree with that statement. Frankly, I don't even know WHAT a VA token is for I don't even think we ever had one. I thought we got our T5 ships when we became a rear admiral. The only ships that are considered VA level ships were the small set of ships which were obtainable through 500 emblems or thru C-Store purchases. The only issue I have now is the fact they took out the non-Cstore method of obtaining those ships. Now you must spend C-Points, whether you trade dilithium for Cpoints from someone else or buy them on your own.

I personally always spent CStore points to get my dreadnaught and imperial class skin among other things(which ironically I never use), but I feel the option to get them for free should remain. I do like the fact you can trade dilithium for someone else's cpoints, similarly allowing you to get em for free, but it seems like an un-necessary step.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Quote:
I personally always spent CStore points to get my dreadnaught and imperial class skin among other things(which ironically I never use), but I feel the option to get them for free should remain. I do like the fact you can trade dilithium for someone else's cpoints, similarly allowing you to get em for free, but it seems like an un-necessary step.
I think the Dilithium->C-store option is a good compromise for Cryptic. People want things for free, they want to not go out of business. This way, people can still grind stuff for free, but they'll get money from it somewhere along the line.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post
Because in my opinion it's not a win. Like I said above, giving the VA ship token in the first place was, IMHO, a mistake. And this is the perfect oportunity for Cryptic to fix that mistake.

Frankly, I see people complaining about losing their ship tokens and, horror or horrors, actually having to put some work into the game and I just find it sad. I don't want a game where everything's handed to me on a silver platter. That's not fun, or at least, that's not a game. The reason I left STO the first time was because there was no challenge, I was max level within about 2 weeks, with every mission in the game done, and a T5 ship (best at the time) fully kitted out with purples.

And to be honest, your avatars don't do much to convince me that your opinion should matter, a giant "anti-cryptic" sign, to me, just says that no matter what Cryptic did you wouldn't be happy.
Anti Cryptic sign is a visible sign of displeasure with the current situation. Many people could say the same thing about Apologists, that their opinion doesnt matter because like good children they blindly find everything being done good and cant see faults.

The problem is taking away things from people that are currently on live, When I got to VA on live, I got a FREE ship, if you didnt want to use it and rather buy it thats your problem.

F2p transition shouldnt make things worse for gold customers, it should make it better. Silver is fine, they are playing for free but dont take things away from gold players.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Quinnell
Call me an apologist, but I agree with that statement. Frankly, I don't even know WHAT a VA token is for I don't even think we ever had one.
happened to be that ship plaque you got at level 51 from quinn that allowed you to get a defiant, galaxy, or intrepid retro for free without using 500 emblems or C-points, it's something that's been in the game since I've been playing, and thats approaching 400 days.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
happened to be that ship plaque you got at level 51 from quinn that allowed you to get a defiant, galaxy, or intrepid retro for free without using 500 emblems or C-points, it's something that's been in the game since I've been playing, and thats approaching 400 days.
I don't ever remember something like that. It's been a while since I obtained VA, which I did shortly after the level cap was increased
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Quote:
I don't ever remember something like that. It's been a while since I obtained VA, which I did shortly after the level cap was increased
I've been playing since launch and I got my VA plaque and a Free ship too as have all my friends, its not anyone elses fault but yours if you didnt realize you had one and spent real money.

Doesnt mean out of the blue all subscribers should have to buy a ship at cap, its a greedy move and it reduces the experience all players have right now.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
I've been playing since launch and I got my VA plaque and a Free ship too as have all my friends, its not anyone elses fault but yours if you didnt realize you had one and spent real money.

Doesnt mean out of the blue all subscribers should have to buy a ship at cap, its a greedy move and it reduces the experience all players have right now.
I could have gotten a ship with my token for free and just don't remember it...no need to get antagonistic.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Basically - When you leveled to RA-UL you got a ship token. If you spent it then you had to buy a VA ship via 500 emblems or c-store points.

However, if you did NOT spend that ship token till you reached VA you got to turn it in for a VA ship.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
Basically - When you leveled to RA-UL you got a ship token. If you spent it then you had to buy a VA ship via 500 emblems or c-store points.

However, if you did NOT spend that ship token till you reached VA you got to turn it in for a VA ship.
Ahh that makes sense. Explains why I'm somewhat confused here -- idk what I spent the token on but I know I spent it on something. Whether it was a VA ship or not, I can't remember
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Quote:
I could have gotten a ship with my token for free and just don't remember it...no need to get antagonistic.
No more antagonistic then you were, your statement implied everyone should spend money for T5s because you did. The point stands though, giving subscribers a worse experience then is available on live is a bad way to go.