# 101
11-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Mat
do lifers get the monthly stipend?
If yer asking me, the answer is Yes...

I would counter with...,

Is Everybody going to be a Lifer?

(I did say, in one fashoin or another. I still payed for my stipend, just all up front.)
Lt. Commander
# 102
11-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Having over 24 months of access to the game means everything from here on out for a lifer is free.

For everyone else, if you are F2P then you have to pay for content in one way or another.

If you are a monthly sub, you will get content for "free" without buying more c-store credits unless you want it "now" and buy more right away.

I don't see how a better system could be made to integrate two different "paying options" for playing the same game.
Lt. Commander
# 103
11-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Just found this thread.

First, It's not clear to me from D'Angelo's original comment posted at the top of thread if he was saying that the mission was going to be removed from the F2P Holo server (cause he definitly did not say that that was definatly the case) what he said was that it was not on Tribble (implication being 'at the moment'). This might mean that it is turned off in the tribble for the purpose of testing the demand for it in the C-Store to help them determine what price they want to set it at in the c-store.

I was going to join the 'it's okay as long as it gets replaced with some other craftable mission' camp. Let there only ever be one craftable small ship for 6 mo -- a year, then 'retire' that mission and move said ship to c-store AS long as it gets replaced with some new small ship to craft. In general principle I still think this would be a fair compromise.

But having read about the ship history in VOY (as I am not a VOY watcher) I now totally agree that it should just not be removed from the live F2P build at all. Yes, current managment seems to have a big blind spot to this kind of 'Trek Fan Think'/immersion type issue. Let us note that Cryptic is looking for a full timer to fill this role (or I should say to fill only this role full time). From the job offerings on their site I think they will look for someone with more of a 'fan boy' type passion for the IP. In the meantime the current managment is made up of some folks who have been with the game a long time, are valuable assets in other roles, and we do owe much of the games existance to them. That said, hopefully it turns out that the mission is only turned off for economy testing purposes and will return when F2P goes live.
Lt. Commander
# 104
12-01-2011, 09:17 PM
So I logged on today after a few weeks away, and I'm thinking "I should finish my Delta Flyer crafting missions". Thing is I was at 9/10... and I still have the quest in my log. To my horror, the daily is gone, but the crafting quest remains... taunting me.

Guildies tell me it's gone... I rush to the forums... yup, it's gone.

Why? It certainly was not OP, it took a lot of time... on each char. At least let me finish it... I was at NINE out of TEN. I just needed ONE MORE!

Please?
Lt. Commander
# 105
12-01-2011, 11:52 PM
I also would like the Crafting the Delta Flyer mission put back in the game. Removing it in favor of the Dilithium > C-Store points trading grind is not acceptable.

Lt. Commander
# 106
12-01-2011, 11:54 PM
At least, let people use their schematics.

I had three on the market last night and someone snapped them up and re-listed them in the 5-10 million EC range. I wonder if they sold them . . .
Lt. Commander
# 107
12-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
At least, let people use their schematics.

I had three on the market last night and someone snapped them up and re-listed them in the 5-10 million EC range. I wonder if they sold them . . .
They took it out in order to make people have to buy it from the C-Store...

Their idea of obtaining Items In-Game now, means that you have to trade Dilithium for C-Points.

And thart's the way it is...
Lt. Commander
# 108
12-02-2011, 12:47 AM
I agree. please bring mission back.
Lt. Commander
# 109
12-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Well, in another thread they did answer part of the question. The reason the Delta Flier is being taken out of the game is because, with the introduction of the dilithium-cpoint exchange system, you can do missions in game to earn it.

What they have not answered (to the best of my knowledge), is what is going to happen to the schematics people already have.
and the 9 of 10 shuttle craft dailies I have completed...only had one more to go UGH!
Lt. Commander
# 110
12-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyntersGamer
So I logged on today after a few weeks away, and I'm thinking "I should finish my Delta Flyer crafting missions". Thing is I was at 9/10... and I still have the quest in my log. To my horror, the daily is gone, but the crafting quest remains... taunting me.

Guildies tell me it's gone... I rush to the forums... yup, it's gone.

Why? It certainly was not OP, it took a lot of time... on each char. At least let me finish it... I was at NINE out of TEN. I just needed ONE MORE!

Please?
I feel your pain brother.