Lt. Commander
# 131
12-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge View Post
(I haven't read the entire thread, so apologies if this is redundant or outdated.)

Just adding my two ECs to this thread. I got burned by the removal of the Delta Flyer as a craftable ship. It wasn't apparent to me that this was going away until November 23, when it was mentioned in the release notes for the Tribble patch that Naomi Wildman's dialog for the mission had been removed. (Way to sneak that into the fine print!)

I immediately started the daily mission with my one Federation character who needs the shuttle. The Tribble update was pushed to Holodeck December 1, leaving my character with 8/10 days completed, and no way to finish the mission or to get the shuttle (short of paying for it).

Very annoyed that (A) I got screwed out of the shuttle, and (B) left with a mission that is impossible to complete.
I feel your pain, I actually have Delta Flyer Schematics (Unless they took them) and I can't use them, which really blows.....

Brandon - Could you at least try to get them to let the people who have the mission finish it and let those who have the schematic craft it... Why not open it up until F2P launch because you guys really didn't let to many people know this was going away ....
Lt. Commander
# 132
12-09-2011, 04:54 PM
I think to accommodate those people who already had unused schematics in the bank, they should:

1) Allow people with the schematic to craft the Delta Flyer as normal OR
2) Sell the schematic for dilithium or gold pressed latinum to the shady Ferengi who buys the old consoles.

Those schematics represent a significant investment of time ingame (basically 10 daily quests each which took considerably longer than some of the daily quests ingame now).

(Sorry if this was already stated. I didn't read all 13+ pages.)
Lt. Commander
# 133
12-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
I think to accommodate those people who already had unused schematics in the bank, they should:

1) Allow people with the schematic to craft the Delta Flyer as normal OR
2) Sell the schematic for dilithium or gold pressed latinum to the shady Ferengi who buys the old consoles.

Those schematics represent a significant investment of time ingame (basically 10 daily quests each which took considerably longer than some of the daily quests ingame now).

(Sorry if this was already stated. I didn't read all 13+ pages.)
I suppose that if this mission is never, ever going to come back *sigh* The Ferengi buying it for GPL or DL could at least be a consolateion. It still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Lt. Commander
# 134
12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
I suppose that if this mission is never, ever going to come back *sigh* The Ferengi buying it for GPL or DL could at least be a consolateion. It still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Agreed. If it was a once-and-done mission or a reward from a mission/FE, that would be different, but these actually took 10 days each (if I do the daily Academy Lore missions for 10 days, I get 4800 dilithium ore, xp, and skill points IIRC).
Lt. Commander
# 135
12-09-2011, 05:11 PM
What They will probably do is make it a Lottery Item...
Lt. Commander
# 136
12-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
What They will probably do is make it a Lottery Item...
See, now, that I think would cause a lot less furor. It's a shuttle, for Kahless's sake. If it had been a Delta Flyer in place of the JHAKS, or an Argo, then I doubt there'd be that much uproar. Or any uproar.

But, this isn't really the thread to go into that.
Lt. Commander
# 137
12-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
See, now, that I think would cause a lot less furor. It's a shuttle, for Kahless's sake. If it had been a Delta Flyer in place of the JHAKS, or an Argo, then I doubt there'd be that much uproar. Or any uproar.

But, this isn't really the thread to go into that.
Unfortunately, this isn't the thread to get into anything anymore...

They've pretty much Denied our request to make the Flyer available by in-game methods..

(...Other then Trade Dilithium for C-Points)
Lt. Commander
# 138
12-12-2011, 08:16 PM
I agree. This mission deserves to be kept around for only to show F2P players that there are multiple ways to obtain fun ships in game outside of grinding, occasional promotion tokens and C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 139
01-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Well I just wasted half an hour trying to get Wildman to give me another set of scanning missions. I'm 3/10 at the moment, having just come back from a few months away.

I think that if the mission is no longer available, it should have been automatically removed from our logs with the polite message that usually accompanies redundant or axed missions.
Lt. Commander
# 140
01-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadhead
Well I just wasted half an hour trying to get Wildman to give me another set of scanning missions. I'm 3/10 at the moment, having just come back from a few months away.

I think that if the mission is no longer available, it should have been automatically removed from our logs with the polite message that usually accompanies redundant or axed missions.
Yep that mission is just about as dead as this thread is,,,