Lt. Commander
# 21
10-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Thanks for the suggestions. I included the quote (which includes the link) from D'Angelo regarding this, and also a recommendation.
...and if we can get more folks to make comments in this thread and keep it on the 1st page... that helps also.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
...and if we can get more folks to make comments in this thread and keep it on the 1st page... that helps also.
It would be very nice, yes, but... I've very little illusion that this is anything like a priority for most posters. =)
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
It would be very nice, yes, but... I've very little illusion that this is anything like a priority for most posters. =)
Not a priority but that doesn't mean it's not important.

I like this mission and the fact you can get a slightly better shuttle for doing it. It's a negative change to remove it for something I can't see bringing in a whole load of cash for Cryptic now they're filling out the ranks with c-store ships.

It's use is so limited, I wouldn't buy it if they remove this mission, I prefer my Yacht anyway but if I didn't have that I'd make do with a Type 8 or a Runabout. I did the mission because it was something a little different to do, something theres not enough of in STO.

So I support leaving the mission in, and I could tolerate making it 15 days if they really have to.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Just a rather large error correction for our illustrious EEPH to see here...

The Delta Flyer was Never Available by Emblem Grinding...

It was a Special Mission in the Cluster's that had to be done in another Shuttlecraft or the Capt's. Yacht over a TEN DAY Period, just to get the SCHEMATIC.

Then one had to go to Memory Alpha with the correct amount of Gathered Data Bits to create it.

Me thinks our EEPH needs more game time on the HOLODECK ..
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Just a rather large error correction for our illustrious EEPH to see here...

The Delta Flyer was Never Available by Emblem Grinding...

It was a Special Mission in the Cluster's that had to be done in another Shuttlecraft or the Capt's. Yacht over a TEN DAY Period, just to get the SCHEMATIC.

Then one had to go to Memory Alpha with the correct amount of Gathered Data Bits to create it.

Me thinks our EEPH needs more game time on the HOLODECK ..
Yeeeeeah, I didnt want to draw too much attention to that, but, uhm... it did have me scratching my head. Unless it's a matter of: (The Delta Flyer) and (some ships that were available for emblems) were always available via the C-Store.

The Oxford Comma was falsely deprecated! (That will be my next campaign. And then I will campaign for Pluto to be recognized as a planet once again.... =) )
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-14-2011, 05:22 PM
..eeehhh... PLUTO has always been a famous mouses' dog in my world... :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-14-2011, 05:24 PM
We were told the transition to Free-to-Play would not disadvantage current subscribers... and that instead we would probably have things perhaps improved.

I have little stake in this: I already C-Store bought the Flyer just as much as I went and completed the mission to see what it would be like. To me, it's a matter of principle that Cryptic should retain such missions in-game.

It's actually the same deal with the Excelsior and the Nebula at Tier 3. If they want C-Store unique ships, I'd rather they work on new ones to justify the 'ship+1' push - for example: the Ambassador-class. I also kind of resent how the T5 Excelsior is interpreted as a Tier 5+1 upgrade of the Sovereign. It's a slap in the face to Star Trek and how those ships were presented in the IP.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
We were told the transition to Free-to-Play would not disadvantage current subscribers... and that instead we would probably have things perhaps improved.

I have little stake in this: I already C-Store bought the Flyer just as much as I went and completed the mission to see what it would be like. To me, it's a matter of principle that Cryptic should retain such missions in-game.

It's actually the same deal with the Excelsior and the Nebula at Tier 3. If they want C-Store unique ships, I'd rather they work on new ones to justify the 'ship+1' push - for example: the Ambassador-class. I also kind of resent how the T5 Excelsior is interpreted as a Tier 5+1 upgrade of the Sovereign. It's a slap in the face to Star Trek and how those ships were presented in the IP.
While I understand and slightly agree with yer sentiments...

This particular mission item we're advocating for in this thread, is on a some what lesser scale than the whole Capital Ship Change-over discussion...

It would be helpful if we could stick to one nerd-rage at a time in each thread, for simplicity's sake...
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-14-2011, 07:16 PM
I really enjoy my Flyer, it looks & handles better than the Captains yacht. I crafted it for all 6 of my Fed toons, not because I didn't want to pay for an account wide unlock (moneys not the issue), & I have a shuttle that came with my TOS interior anyway... I crafted it because it gave me something to do.

I don't remember actually reading anywhere that it was definatly becoming uncraftable.. We are still waiting for the crafting changes to be posted... Just because at the moment the "Delta Daily" is not on the mission menu on Tribble, doesn't mean it has been taken from the game...

However... if this is the case, then I see it as the "thin end of the wedge"... I predict that slowly over the course of the transition to F2P we will see more and more of our existing content becoming "obtainable via the C-store", despite assurances that this would not happen... We have already "lost" a couple of Tier 5 ships in this manner... more will follow... of that I have no doubt...

Dstahl envisaged that "everything in the C-store would be obtainable via in-game methods", but unfortunatly he is no longer at the helm... Maybe it is pressure from PW that is driving this push to the C-store... only time will time... & I guess we won't have long to wait...
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-14-2011, 09:00 PM
More and more it seems like He saw the writing on the wall.....