Lt. Commander
# 31
10-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
It would be very nice, yes, but... I've very little illusion that this is anything like a priority for most posters. =)
Every time I see 'them' throw a ship that was once available on, and obtainable, in-game, into the c-store and make in unobtainable in-game I die a little inside. I can understand putting it up on the c-store for the people who want it now. But removing its availability without paying an additional price on top of the monthly subscription? I cannot understand how people sit idly by and continue to happily fork over their money while this happens. Same goes for Shuttle-craft.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-15-2011, 09:08 AM
I, too, am very disappointed in this change, as I expressed in a few different posts in the discussion thread for the Path to F2P Dev Blog that announced this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Last time I was on tribble the Delta Flyer crafting mission was still available at Memory Alpha (2 days ago).

If they did remove the Delta Flyer crafting mission, would adding in a different shuttle to craft be acceptable? (e.g. Danube, Type 8, or Yacht) Or does it have to be the Delta Flyer?
It's still listed at Memory Alpha, but Naomi Wildman won't give you the two assignments necessary to craft the Flyer ("Craft Delta Flyer" and "Delta Daily").

D'Angelo confirmed that the Danube-class Runabout will remain in-game as purchasable with EC, and I would assume the Type 8 Shuttlecraft would remain as a freebie with "The Vault." The Captain's Yacht should remain as a Veteran Reward, in my opinion. I really only consider the Delta-class Shuttle appropriate for this sort of crafting mission, at least out of the current shuttle options. I imagine I would be fine with a new, different type of shuttle, so long as it was comparable to the Delta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
The could even bump it up to 15 days and I wouldn't mind (welll, I would but I'd still do it) and make it BOP (which it might be already, I can't remember)...
The Schematic is not currently bind-on-pickup on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-15-2011, 09:24 AM
I agree that the crafting mission content should remain. There will always be those that will buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-15-2011, 09:28 AM
The problem is that Cryptic are being very hamfisted when it comes to the C-Store and subscribers.

The promise we were made was that subscribers would not be worse off, either through hightened C-Store prices or removed content. So far that promise has been shown to be rubbish.

Just make the mission only available to Gold players!
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Not only removing the in non-C-Store method of getting the Delta Flyer. (And I assume that Fighters will never be earning via non-C-Store methods as well.) They've also removed the the one mission that was designed for Shuttles.

Overall I dislike this direction of non-basic ship beings solely in the C-Store. I'm one who can by everything in the C-Store out of my petty cash. (And that's no exaggeration). I'm a middle of the ground player. I do buy somethings from micro-tranaction stores. But I do like the grind to earn some things as well. When I finishing the grind, I appreciate the item more. Ships like the Delta Flyer and Fighter should be available via non-C-Store means. They aren't game breaking in the least. And it will diversify the grind. Doing the usual daillies does get old after while.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-16-2011, 09:38 PM
It's certainly a shame that one of the more unique missions in the game, with a unique and really not at all game-changing reward, has been removed. The reward for a ten-day grind is a shuttle. In the old Emblems system, ten days would net a player one-fifth of the emblems needed for a Nebula or an Excelsior. But I didn't mind that ten-day grind, and I felt that doing that for a shuttle made it worthwhile.

I really do hope that Cryptic reconsiders this decision, and that PW allows them to leave this mission in. It's just a shuttle for goodness' sake!
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-16-2011, 09:50 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-17-2011, 08:41 AM
I grok the anger, really I do. I've been unhappy with the C-Store since before the Nebula and Excelsior, if not earlier. So I totally see where folks who are angry with Cryptic are coming from. I've been there, too. And I will continually argue against the more inadvisable decisions, especially with regards to the C-Store.

I'd like to ask, though, that folks restrain their anger a bit in this thread. So far it's been really mellow and maybe, just maybe, it'll get some attention for that if nothing else. I think we'd all hate to see this shut down and locked and then lost to the depths of the archives without another voice added to it. I don't know if Cryptic will ever do anything with this, or listen, but they definitely won't if it's been buried.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
I grok the anger, really I do. I've been unhappy with the C-Store since before the Nebula and Excelsior, if not earlier. So I totally see where folks who are angry with Cryptic are coming from. I've been there, too. And I will continually argue against the more inadvisable decisions, especially with regards to the C-Store.

I'd like to ask, though, that folks restrain their anger a bit in this thread. So far it's been really mellow and maybe, just maybe, it'll get some attention for that if nothing else. I think we'd all hate to see this shut down and locked and then lost to the depths of the archives without another voice added to it. I don't know if Cryptic will ever do anything with this, or listen, but they definitely won't if it's been buried.
As long as I'm around, I'll keep asking till we see a Cryptic response one way or the other.
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-17-2011, 12:47 PM
The premise was good, but the mission sucked. Lets not glorify it just yet. Their hardly removing content when the ship is still available based on currency earned in game, much like anomalies are.

Hopefully, one reason they could be removing it is to remove the unfavourable precedent it sets for possible future starship crafting. But that is just wishful thinking on my part.