Lt. Commander
# 51
10-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

I'm glad you like(d) the mission. The reason I say it sucked was because it wasn't added for gameplay means but solely to say 'this ship is available ingame like we said'. I've done more basic missions in my time than that, but for something which has literally set the scene for player crafting of ships it was completely lacklustre and I think depth should come into judging it harshly or not as a good or bad mission on that note. Each entitled to their opinion, and if you enjoyed it, thats cool - making your own shuttle IS a very cool thing to do, I'm not saying otherwise.

As for that precedent.. well.. it clearly locks in player ship crafting as being something specific, and while this may be fine for a shuttle, it could pose a complication if, later on, Cryptic decide to allow for player/community created ships to be made in a more in depth way. Any such feature would no doubt utilize a range of other game features to achieve, all with the goal of keeping players playing for a reasonably adequate period of time (and doing stuff during that time). But who knows, its equally likely they are removing it for other reasons entirely.
I think I see what you're getting at. You would have liked to have seen a more comprehensive mission to build a shuttle/ship? Something a little more involved? I could certainly get behind that. I've very little faith that such a system would be actually implemented in STO, but it would be a cool thing -- something more than just 'scan anomalies in a shuttle.'

Granted, I am looking at the mission with a bit of a sense of nostalgia. For getting a ship in-game, it struck me as better than just shoveling over ECs, and made me a little more involved and connected to the shuttle at the end of the mission. I wouldn't mind seeing a more comprehensive/involved series of procedures for actually building a ship. (Missions to get the materiel for the warp coils, securing a source of antimatter, protecting miners to obtain diburnium hull plating, getting EPS conduits from a base that's under assault, etc. etc. Or something even more free-form. That, though, I fear is for another game. )

Of course if I completely misunderstood you, I apologize.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
I think I see what you're getting at. You would have liked to have seen a more comprehensive mission to build a shuttle/ship? Something a little more involved? I could certainly get behind that. I've very little faith that such a system would be actually implemented in STO, but it would be a cool thing -- something more than just 'scan anomalies in a shuttle.'

Granted, I am looking at the mission with a bit of a sense of nostalgia. For getting a ship in-game, it struck me as better than just shoveling over ECs, and made me a little more involved and connected to the shuttle at the end of the mission. I wouldn't mind seeing a more comprehensive/involved series of procedures for actually building a ship. (Missions to get the materiel for the warp coils, securing a source of antimatter, protecting miners to obtain diburnium hull plating, getting EPS conduits from a base that's under assault, etc. etc. Or something even more free-form. That, though, I fear is for another game. )

Of course if I completely misunderstood you, I apologize.
The DOff System is the perfect tie-in for that kinda game play...

Send yer DOff's out to gather plans and such, then you have to go out and collect the materials to finish it.

Maybe even bring the materials back and have your DOff's build the individual parts.. (Engines, Pylons, Warp Core, etc...)
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Just to confirm, everything about the "You Should Craft a Delta Flyer" NPC chain is still there except the actual mission to earn the schematic. Wildman is a meanine, no matter how much she tells me she wants to help craft a Delta, she just won't help me.
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-19-2011, 10:37 AM
It's really sad when Cryptic robs us of actual gameplay content and its rewards.
But then again, its only another thread of the tapestry that is the great big LIE.

That subscribers should notice little change in F2P.
Except were getting screwed over big time, no non-token respecs, no VA ship token, ridiculously low dilithium conversion rate, removal of Tier 3 ships.... etc etc.

We are pretty much getting shafted all over the place.
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
It's really sad when Cryptic robs us of actual gameplay content and its rewards.
But then again, its only another thread of the tapestry that is the great big LIE.

That subscribers should notice little change in F2P.
Except were getting screwed over big time, no non-token respecs, no VA ship token, ridiculously low dilithium conversion rate, removal of Tier 3 ships.... etc etc.

We are pretty much getting shafted all over the place.
Not to be overly rude or anything, but could you please take your being-bent-over rage/attitude somewhere else...

Most of us here, are politely trying to nudge the Dev's into giving this particular mission back to us on Tribble...

And your posts don't really help to do anything but cause more strife and trebble...

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-19-2011, 12:36 PM
I beg to differ.
The partial restoration of ship tokens came about just because of the negative backlash from players.
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-19-2011, 12:52 PM
I do not think that they can take the crafting out of memory alpha, because then players who earned the schematic prior to F2P would have no way of using it. I know that you have to have 180 basic research credits to get the mission. Are we absolutely certain that it is being removed from Tribble?

If it is removed in Holodeck for gold players, this will be very dissapointing. I applaud them for making the runabout still available for energy credits but I have to question their commitment to not removing in-game content for gold players if the crafting mission will no longer be startable upon F2P launch.
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
I do not think that they can take the crafting out of memory alpha, because then players who earned the schematic prior to F2P would have no way of using it. I know that you have to have 180 basic research credits to get the mission. Are we absolutely certain that it is being removed from Tribble?

If it is removed in Holodeck for gold players, this will be very dissapointing. I applaud them for making the runabout still available for energy credits but I have to question their commitment to not removing in-game content for gold players if the crafting mission will no longer be startable upon F2P launch.
I haven't checked since the last patch. But I leveled my crafting skill on a test character specifically to test the Delta Flyier missions. Cmdr. Wildman wouldn't take to before my Crafting was 180. One I hit 180 she would talk to me give me the info about the Delta Flyer but the Delta Fly and Delta Data (Daily) missions are missing.
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Not only removing the in non-C-Store method of getting the Delta Flyer. (And I assume that Fighters will never be earning via non-C-Store methods as well.) They've also removed the the one mission that was designed for Shuttles.
They removed the First of the Romulan FE's, "The Vault"?
What about people wanting to refill their supply of Scorpions?
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I beg to differ.
The partial restoration of ship tokens came about just because of the negative backlash from players.
Except that your particular post was nothing more than a rage-fest about things in general and really had very little to do with the topic at hand.

The ship token restoration came about mostly due to a couple of threads (heavily posted in) devoted to the subject, that the Dev's actually came into and responded...

Not from willy-nilly posts scattered throughout the forums, that attack everything They have done so far.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but being a bit more constructive in the manner in which you post, would be much more helpful....

...And would help keep this particular thread (among others) on topic...

So... Back on topic...

I have not reached the Romulan Episodes yet (on Tribble) and had no idea that "The Vault" was gone... that really sucs.

I do wonder now what They intend to do with that mission... I was hoping that it was just a mix-up on Their behalf.