Lt. Commander
# 41
10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm stocking up on c-store ships as we speak.
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Some good thoughts/suggestions in this thread all ready!

To sdangelo/cryptic staff:

My primary remaining concern is

Will the exchange rate (dilithium <-> c-points) be fixed by cryptic or variable as defined by the player base?

I know the Nagus and a couple others addressed this in the last thread, but I don't recall anyone having anything concrete. If you could explicitly address this I would be MOST grateful.
Lt. Commander
# 43 /sadface
10-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post

C-Store points should be a shortcut to get something available for Dilithium. If something is only available for C-Store points, and it has a game-play affect (say, an extra console slot or an extra Boff Slot), then it's pay to win.
Hear, hear. The bottom line is that NO person should get a leg up on the competition by spending real world money (sub fee notwithstanding). These items should be limited to cosmetic changes OR be something that a person can purchase with in game currency OR with real world money, thus making C-points a way for the lazy (or overworked) to get items otherwise obtainable by the "hard core" gamers.

No matter what I see in the dev blogs, I still feel like this is becoming a pay to win game. Don't misunderstand me, I have spent money on C-points but not everyone has disposable income to spend on paying to win at STO. It should NOT be a game changer.

Further. I still agree with the consensus that taking away our free ship upgrades is blatantly putting a lie to what Cryptic stated when F2P was announced, that us "Gold" and/or Lifetime members would not be losing anything in this shift. We are absolutely losing something. I DO appreciate that you have given everything up to but not including the VADM upgrade but I say that we should be getting that upgrade as well.

Guys, I understand that things are in an extreme state of flux at this point, and I hear you telling us to "Semper Gumby" but I feel that, after having spent this much money on your product over the last year and a half (2 lifetimes, 4 editions of the software, various cpoint purchases) things we have come to expect should not be pulled out from under us.
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
The Currency Exchange will allow players to trade their Dilithium for other players' Cryptic Points.
One thing about the current STO economy made gold farming a relative non issue. This will bring them in droves.
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitman911 View Post
Guys, I understand that things are in an extreme state of flux at this point, and I hear you telling us to "Semper Gumby" but I feel that, after having spent this much money on your product over the last year and a half (2 lifetimes, 4 editions of the software, various cpoint purchases) things we have come to expect should not be pulled out from under us.
Why on earth did you buy two lifetimes and 4 copies of the game?
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Quinnell
Why on earth did you buy two lifetimes and 4 copies of the game?
Twofold answer:

I am married and my wife plays.

I wanted the extra bonuses that I got from two of the other editions. Bought the collector's for NCC-1701, bought one for the borg, one for the joined tril if I recall. Plus one came with ground bonuses and one with space bonuses.

Good question though, and I have been asking myself the same thing considering that the items I most wanted became available in the cstore shortly after.

/sadface
Lt. Commander
# 47
10-13-2011, 07:10 PM
The EEPH (Emergency Executive Producer Hologram) mentions making Energy Credits match up and be used for things.

A. Ship tweaks should cost more EC after Lt. Cmdr 5 than it does now, Lt. and Lt. Cmdr both get a token upon hitting that level to tweak their free ship.

B. We have tailor costs they feel fine to me.

C. White stores - I think having white merchants selling Even level and Odd level items (perhaps odd level greens at a very high cost) would be helpful.

As for making things of value worth trading Points for Crystals I'd like to offer up VA ships. If these were available in the C-Store for 2000 C-P or available in game for 300,000 Dilithium I can bet there will be plenty of people trading C-Points for Dilithium.

I would also like to offer up the ability to place things on the exchange for Dilithium versus EC. It's silly I can buy purple gear for Dilithium and ONLY Dilithium but I can buy a drop on the Exchange for the far easier to come by EC...as an avid Exchange-er I'd suggest having the option for listing both types, though a listing fee should be present for both types as well, with a percentage going to the house for all EC sales...

Also, any word on perhaps rewarding longtime players by attaching a Dilithium Refinement Extension (more refined per day) to each Veteran Accolade? For instance a 5% increase at 100 Days, another 5% at 200 days, another 10% at 300 and another at 400 etc increasing until a point where a Vet of the game for the last 2 years can Refine around 16,000 per day...
Lt. Commander
# 48
10-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKeith2011
I'm stocking up on c-store ships as we speak.
Don't you see?! It's all a lie! There is no free to play coming! It's all a lie to make us do a run on the C-Store to "save" money. Then in a month or so there will be a blog post saying "Hey we decided this f2p thing isn't going to work. Sorry." It's just one more slap in the face to people just trying to support our humble game!
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitman911 View Post
Twofold answer:

Good question though, and I have been asking myself the same thing considering that the items I most wanted became available in the cstore shortly after.

/sadface
I've always wished Cryptic didn't do that because it screwed a lot of people who spent good money for those rewards and expected them to remain [PRE-ORDER] items. But eh, old crap.
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Quinnell
I've always wished Cryptic didn't do that because it screwed a lot of people who spent good money for those rewards and expected them to remain [PRE-ORDER] items. But eh, old crap.
Indeed sir, indeed.