Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
10-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Oh man..never ask Salami that. Thats like asking him if he STILL beats his wife. No answer is acceptable.
I always say "Wait 25 minutes before you answer that question." :p
Lt. Commander
# 62
10-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Nightblade View Post
Well, the prices for gear are a whole lot better, but this more or less kills my motivation to do star clusters.
So the desire here is to have a set of repeatable XP missions per star cluster AND a set of daily dilithium missions per star cluster?

Anything else? Your own moon right next to the one Quark retired on

/jk, I'll bring it up to content and see what they say.
Lt. Commander
# 63
10-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRa_Actual View Post
...So, a further reduction in your capacity to obtain dilithium per day. Not encouraging.

I'm very accustomed to being able to grind clusters to obtain weapons and equipment for my ships more than once a day Why is this option being taken away from me?

And still no acknowledgement or fix for the rank-up issue when you purchase a C-Store ship
We're aware that purchasing a C-Store ship does not satisfy the promotion mission. It's something we'll clean up, but it will be a little while.
Lt. Commander
# 64
10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
So the desire here is to have a set of repeatable XP missions per star cluster AND a set of daily dilithium missions per star cluster?

Anything else? Your own moon right next to the one Quark retired on

/jk, I'll bring it up to content and see what they say.
Think endgame Salami. Here is what people USED to do Exploration clusters for
  • Break up the monotony of scanning anomalies and take the 3/mission as they went.
  • Complete the three missions and turn those marks around for gear to use, recycle, or sell to make bank.
  • An alterntive method of leveling, just to see diferent random maps.
  • Run the missions for the Accolades (75 needed if I am not mistaken).

Now when Tribble first came up and the clusters were offering level appropriate rewards I thought that was great. I was even running ground maps and getting to like them. For endgame is was a good system.

When they went to dailies that messed up an entire playstyle for a group of people. It made the accolades way out of reach (75 days forced no matter how much effort youwould put in).

By putting them back and giving a canned mission for Dilithium rewards you have fixed most of the issues, the alternative leveling, the accolade issue but there are still two resounding ones, the breaking up the anomaly farming and well, the getting some semblance of a reward that we can cash in for credits, use, trade, sell to another player etc...

Put back in the level appropriate reward and all exploration issues that were created with the transition are solved.
Lt. Commander
# 65
10-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Dude, now I have this creepy mental picture of you standing over a pit in a basement, looking down into the pit, and saying "It brings the shard back up or it gets the hose..."
Put the tribble in the basket!!!
Lt. Commander
# 66
10-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUL_EVEK
Put the tribble in the basket!!!
Ha. Exactly.
Lt. Commander
# 67
10-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
Put back in the level appropriate reward and all exploration issues that were created with the transition are solved.
I'm in complete agreement. Dilithium is supposed to be a stand-in for the marks we could obtain before.

Emblems were Daily. Mark-giving missions you could do every 30 minutes or so.

To me, making all of the Star Cluster have a Daily mission where you could get dillithium if you went to them was a happy middle. It was also an excuse to visit each of them, making you go around the galaxy, glimpse on the way what other Doff assignment opportunities there would be.

Now, just one? Meh. I feel you're crimping that playstyle, that way for people to choose to level their character, and the promotion several lateral advancement advantages such as accolade hunting.

(for scaling purposes, generally, a trio of star cluster missions could have you able to afford - or almost afford - a console before. I don't see this as begging for the moon considering that's what we had in the past)
Lt. Commander
# 68
10-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Quote:
We're aware that purchasing a C-Store ship does not satisfy the promotion mission. It's something we'll clean up, but it will be a little while.
Speaking of C-store ships.... where's the Thunderchild and K'Tinga refit?
Lt. Commander
# 69
10-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Quote:
That's pretty much it exactly.

I leveled my main character up on Holodeck from start (tutorial, Azura, first patrol set) all the way to Captain 8 just on star cluster missions (because after the beta I'd done the episodes so many times they weren't fun anymore).

So having the clusters still give skill points and be a valid leveling path for people who just don't want to do the episodes again should still be an option.

The Dilithium missions being once per day per cluster wouldn't be bad a bad option. It would give people an excuse to travel around the galaxy, visit strange new worlds, and see the DOff missions on the way between them while still hopefully keeping Dil gain at a 'reasonable' level for what I assume your economic goals are.

Now if you make those changes with the explore missions being level appropriate for peoples characters and put the random item box rewards back into the "Aid the Planet" missions so they aren't just a huge expense with a tiny reward I'd be quite happy with the clusters / nebulas / etc. again.
Lt. Commander
# 70
10-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
Think endgame Salami. Here is what people USED to do Exploration clusters for
  • Break up the monotony of scanning anomalies and take the 3/mission as they went.
  • Complete the three missions and turn those marks around for gear to use, recycle, or sell to make bank.
  • An alterntive method of leveling, just to see diferent random maps.
  • Run the missions for the Accolades (75 needed if I am not mistaken).

Now when Tribble first came up and the clusters were offering level appropriate rewards I thought that was great. I was even running ground maps and getting to like them. For endgame is was a good system.

When they went to dailies that messed up an entire playstyle for a group of people. It made the accolades way out of reach (75 days forced no matter how much effort youwould put in).

By putting them back and giving a canned mission for Dilithium rewards you have fixed most of the issues, the alternative leveling, the accolade issue but there are still two resounding ones, the breaking up the anomaly farming and well, the getting some semblance of a reward that we can cash in for credits, use, trade, sell to another player etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
I'm in complete agreement. Dilithium is supposed to be a stand-in for the marks we could obtain before.

Emblems were Daily. Mark-giving missions you could do every 30 minutes or so.

To me, making all of the Star Cluster have a Daily mission where you could get dillithium if you went to them was a happy middle. It was also an excuse to visit each of them, making you go around the galaxy, glimpse on the way what other Doff assignment opportunities there would be.

Now, just one? Meh. I feel you're crimping that playstyle, that way for people to choose to level their character, and the promotion several lateral advancement advantages such as accolade hunting.

(for scaling purposes, generally, a trio of star cluster missions could have you able to afford - or almost afford - a console before. I don't see this as begging for the moon considering that's what we had in the past)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hythian View Post
That's pretty much it exactly.

I leveled my main character up on Holodeck from start (tutorial, Azura, first patrol set) all the way to Captain 8 just on star cluster missions (because after the beta I'd done the episodes so many times they weren't fun anymore).

So having the clusters still give skill points and be a valid leveling path for people who just don't want to do the episodes again should still be an option.

The Dilithium missions being once per day per cluster wouldn't be bad a bad option. It would give people an excuse to travel around the galaxy, visit strange new worlds, and see the DOff missions on the way between them while still hopefully keeping Dil gain at a 'reasonable' level for what I assume your economic goals are.

Now if you make those changes with the explore missions being level appropriate for peoples characters and put the random item box rewards back into the "Aid the Planet" missions so they aren't just a huge expense with a tiny reward I'd be quite happy with the clusters / nebulas / etc. again.
I know you guys don't like polls, but I'd still like to voice a +1 vote along with Commodore Shrvk, Zoberraz, and Hythian. I have over a dozen characters and sometimes replaying the same story missions over'n'over again gets boring. Sometimes I like to spend stretches doing the Exploration Clusters for XP, Badges of Exploration, etc. Good for leveling, gear, items to sell, etc. Even at End Game, On my Main Character I am still doing the Explores to get the Accolades.

I most prefer the idea of an XP/Dilithium Mission for Each Cluster. I get you guys don't want to flood the market with Dilithium so instead of the 20min mission cool down we have on Holodeck now, put each on a 4, 8, or even a true Daily (20) hour clock. Also, it would ok if you have to reduce the Dilithium a little. Instead of 1440, how about 1200, 1000, or 800?