Lt. Commander
# 11
10-14-2011, 04:27 AM
I call B.S. Gozer, lvl 45 in common gear, my ***. I just tried this we tried gate then transformer, half gate half transformer, we only go the small transformers to drop their sheild once and for about 1.5 seconds, never got the transformer below 83 percent. so elite mode for the stf is what exactly, since normal is 2 second sheild drop, hard is what no sheild drop and elite no sheild drop w/ immortal borg tac cubes attacking. The only thing i ask is dont lie outright to us, and that is clearly either a group knowing some kind of exploit or a outright lie.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-14-2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
i hardly call ur gozers minions some average pug group
Well, they didnt even figure the SNB thing out. So how good can they be?
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-14-2011, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
This post belongs in the stf section... normally I don't even look in this section for stf feedback. Please put your specific feedback there.

As to your problem, it not "impossible" since i just got through watching a group of lvl 45 all common mark 9 gear complete it. It is a little too hard at the moment since the gates are not taking any kind of torpedo damage. Which is a "Known Issue" in the patch notes.

If your original strategy was to sub nuc the gate and then kill everything that will no longer work, and you will have to figure out a new way to complete the mission. If this was what you were doing, I suggest you try something different now.

All of the STF's are very likely to go up in down in difficulty over the course of the next few weeks. I'll be watching groups play it over the next few days to see if it needs adjustments for the next patch.
Amm I hate asking a Dumb question but where is the the STF section ???? Do you mean "Missions and Episodes" in the Feedback section ???
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO_Mac
Amm I hate asking a Dumb question but where is the the STF section ???? Do you mean "Missions and Episodes" in the Feedback section ???
Here: Star Trek Online > Star Trek Online Forums > Tribble - Free-to-Play Test Server > Feedback > Content Feedback > STF Feedback
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-14-2011, 07:59 AM
I have to call even more BS... I don't see how anyone got to the STF before level 51. I just hit 51 and I haven't even finished the Romulan arc yet. Since you can't get anything to open up until you reach it in the idiotic mission chain, I call shenanigans.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-14-2011, 08:08 AM
I can actually answer that one- since the STFs are entirely queue based affairs, they unlock in the PvE queue by level now. You don't even need gamma orionis access to do them.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Gozer,

Think you have to have some assemblance of "balance" included therein, also. There is a point where some1s version of "challenge" becomes some1 elses mindless "slog" of needless long-term difficulty, also.

I was in a pretty decent group, last night in fact, doing RA-KA on live. The 1st space battle(s) and expecialy the last space battle becomes a mindless "slog". It is really not all that "fun", just tedious, and over timed and by the time you get the last "boss" down to 25% to get the last needed spawns, your more just wanting the entire thing to be over and done with. You know going in that with a ship decked to the max, set up for PVP even, your going to re-spawn countless times (last night I had my eng in an MVAM) and death now in STO means exactly NOTHING via development design! "Working as intended". I played SWG for 7 years and death, in that game, was to be avoided at ALL costs. When I died (cloned) in that game, I was looking at the combat logs to find where I made the mistake and how to counter the next time. Here?, It's just part of the game and has became of little to NO effect or value to me personaly. That's a loss, in my book. 1 shot kills, endless tractor beams via NPC spam, to a fully decked ship, via many OP NPCs, or just 1 is simply not all that "fun". We had 1 guy in there who actualy needed the gear and never done it before , in my vent, that kept saying we didn't have enough DPS to do the job, over and over and over, (he'd basicly given up) and those who had done this instance many times had to keep telling him, "No, it's just the design of this thing". I don't believe it was all that fun for him, either.

I know "balance" is a hard nut to crack. I am aware that if you make it too easy, you'll hear (read) about it on these forums just as much as you'll read about the opposite. But just adding shear difficulty and long "timed out" grinds where you have no chance of pulling thru no matter how good your so called "skill" or pixel gear is a little over the top. Wouldn't you say?
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Even the red alerts have gone crazy, the last 5 I tried we have failed all, due to the fact the regeneration probes spawn like mosquitoes in a hot pond during Florida summer time. As soon as you wipe out all the drones and start attacking the mothertship, the drones are back on and this time double in quantity, the lowest we got the mothership was 75% and we were overwhelmed by probes and drones. What gives? I am playing in the lowest option, such things like they are now should be for elite.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-14-2011, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
I can actually answer that one- since the STFs are entirely queue based affairs, they unlock in the PvE queue by level now. You don't even need gamma orionis access to do them.
So you can do the STFs without having access to the places where the STFs are but you can't even skip one mission in the chain before you can actually get there. Fail. Cryptic, honestly, do you even think about these things before you just decide to do them?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrrdboi View Post
Straight off the bat i call massive BS, lvl 45 in mk9 gear. That sir is impossible. The transmitter on the sides shields drop if youre lucky 3 seconds. By the time you get the gate down to 75% the transmitter on the side is back to full health.

Honestly what you should've have done was kill the SNB to begin with and leave it the way it was. The 15 minute window will never be reachable. since easy mode went to flippin uber elite.
Lol, you must be right, he's lying to you because....uhh...wait, let me think. :/