Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Duty Officer Assignment.
10-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Most of the duty officer assignments are timed for completion is insanely long duration and should be re-worked . Duty Officer are too expensive in the c-store they should be for 25 points instead of 200-250 points.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
10-13-2011, 11:49 PM
I like the duration, and would even like to see some with a longer duration and relatively larger potential payouts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
10-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ck37r47 View Post
Most of the duty officer assignments are timed for completion is insanely long duration and should be re-worked . Duty Officer are too expensive in the c-store they should be for 25 points instead of 200-250 points.
QFT

Its stuff like this that makes the DOFF system not fun at all when it should be. 3days? Seriously? Thats a complete joke. The max should be 1d and oly at Tier 4 or if something has a huge payout.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
10-14-2011, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
I like the duration, and would even like to see some with a longer duration and relatively larger potential payouts.
I'm fine with the duration as well. I like the budgeting element that has to go into it. I have to have some sort of plan as to how I accept assignments.

Cryptic has even given us incentives to accept the 5 min Diagnostic mission. 5 dilithium ore is nothing to sneeze at.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
10-14-2011, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy31 View Post
I'm fine with the duration as well. I like the budgeting element that has to go into it. I have to have some sort of plan as to how I accept assignments.

Cryptic has even given us incentives to accept the 5 min Diagnostic mission. 5 dilithium ore is nothing to sneeze at.
Budgeting Element??!!!!

For Crissakes, this is STAR TREK. Budgets as we know of them don't exist. Hell, no one is sure if Starfleet Officers get paid.

The budgeting end of this stuff is just wrong. Captains are not responsible for funding a state dinner for a foreign dignitary. It makes no sense and is as un-trek-like as anything I've seen.

Hell, it didn't ever make sense that I purchased commodities in the off chance that the Federation may need me to help out a distant world, when the Federation ought to supply those things....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
10-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garwain_Goodhue View Post
Budgeting Element??!!!!

For Crissakes, this is STAR TREK. Budgets as we know of them don't exist. Hell, no one is sure if Starfleet Officers get paid.

The budgeting end of this stuff is just wrong. Captains are not responsible for funding a state dinner for a foreign dignitary. It makes no sense and is as un-trek-like as anything I've seen.

Hell, it didn't ever make sense that I purchased commodities in the off chance that the Federation may need me to help out a distant world, when the Federation ought to supply those things....
Not that budgeting end. I'm talking about budgeting time, not resources. They could do with fewer "resource assignments".
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 AM.