Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Since the Treaty of Algeron was nullified circa 2409 due to the destruction of Romulus and reformation of the Romulan Empire, I don't see why the cloaking device would need to be restricted to those two ships. While it seems unlikely that Starfleet (or Cryptic, for that matter) would start handing out cloaking devices like candy, there's no reason they can't.

In short, it would be awesome if we saw more ships able to use the cloaking console. Perhaps this is their intention for the future.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrianne
Since the Treaty of Algeron was nullified circa 2409 due to the destruction of Romulus and reformation of the Romulan Empire, I don't see why the cloaking device would need to be restricted to those two ships. While it seems unlikely that Starfleet (or Cryptic, for that matter) would start handing out cloaking devices like candy, there's no reason they can't.

In short, it would be awesome if we saw more ships able to use the cloaking console. Perhaps this is their intention for the future.
I wholeheartedly agree. There is no reason federation ships shouldn't have cloaking devices, especially if 2409 is supposedly one of the worst times for the federation.. with them having to fight Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, the Breen, the Borg AND the Undine at the same time. Its an unfair advantage the Klingons get, but when you obejjectively think about it (thats the real trick around here) Federation ships do not have a unique advantage of their own.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
They better get an extra slot. otherwise it would be nerfing the dreadnaught.
How so? It has two abilities that normal ships don't have access to, the Cloak and Phaser Lance. You can't really take away the lance as you'll be left with an expensive Galaxy so that stays part of the ship and explains the missing console. The second ability is then made a console which if you choose to use it means you lose a console slot.
It's not just the Galaxy X that's been adjusted this way, the Excelsior also loses a slot if the transwarp console is installed (although admittedly the Excelsior console is pretty much a must have), the Galaxy R has gained a console if you choose to remove the saucer seperation and the Intrepid is gaining an Engineering console if you choose to remove the Ablative Armour.
If you feel the Galaxy X is weak then that's something else entirely but asking for the Galaxy X to have a full compliment of consoles and keep the Phaser Lance is a bit much.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-14-2011, 12:21 PM
According to this thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=236227

the Galaxy-X received no such nerf. The C-store description just hasn't been updated yet. As a matter of fact, it looks like we actually got a THIRD tactical console (and its about bloody time!!!).
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothfulDragoon View Post

the Galaxy-X received no such nerf. The C-store description just hasn't been updated yet. As a matter of fact, it looks like we actually got a THIRD tactical console (and its about bloody time!!!).
So I can swap out the cloak for a 3rd phaser relay... SWEET!
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:

IF that is true, it is truly good news!
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
They better get an extra slot. otherwise it would be nerfing the dreadnaught.
I can make no promises only report on what was said I see no reason to not give it a extra slot as it conforms to the new +1 ideal from them.

Weather or not I like the +1 is another matter.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Ok, did they remove the Galaxy X again from the C-Store? I can't find it there.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrianne

If they do this, then they'll need to completely reevaluate all KDF armor and shield numbers, since they were balanced to Fed ships with cloaks in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:

Good to hear if it's true. Thanks.