Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Cryptic should set up the consoles this way for consistency :

Galaxy Class R
2 Sci
4 Eng
3 Tac (One reserved for optional Saucer Separation)

Galaxy Class X
2 Sci
4 Eng
3 Tac (One reserved for optional cloaking device)
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeAddictMike View Post
Cryptic should set up the consoles this way for consistency :

Galaxy Class R
2 Sci
4 Eng
3 Tac (One reserved for optional Saucer Separation)

Galaxy Class X
2 Sci
4 Eng
3 Tac (One reserved for optional cloaking device)
That would make sense, esp. because the Gal -R only has the ability to use 2 low level BOFF powers. lol its a joke, really
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
... the tier 5 excelsior has the advanced version, with the remaining sector block transwarp locations, and a boost to all the subsystem performance! cruisers are going to be overflowing with power now.
If only. Its a mear +7.4 performance for each subsystem at max level. For those of you who dont know what this means, I run 100 / 25 / 25 / 50. From this console I gained +2 weapon and auxilary power and +1 engine and shield power. Rubbish.

The tier 3 console, being efficiency, will be even less. Such a piece of junk. It needs to be at least +12 to all performance skills at max level. I think that would give +2 to everything but it still wouldnt be worth using.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil
If only. Its a mear +7.4 performance for each subsystem at max level. For those of you who dont know what this means, I run 100 / 25 / 25 / 50. From this console I gained +2 weapon and auxilary power and +1 engine and shield power. Rubbish.

The tier 3 console, being efficiency, will be even less. Such a piece of junk. It needs to be at least +12 to all performance skills at max level. I think that would give +2 to everything but it still wouldnt be worth using.
This is good to know. I really doubted any fed ship would be "op" now.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Wait, does the T5 Excelsior get another console then? Science?
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeAddictMike View Post
Wait, does the T5 Excelsior get another console then? Science?
I dont believe so. It always had 9 console slots, instead of 8 like the rest of the special ability ships. Now that all of those ships have 9, the excelsior just gets the console.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-14-2011, 06:37 PM
i have to agree, the gal r/x both need a 3rd tac console slot. They are not star cruisers. If they are going to be more sci based then give them more sci based Boff layout. I find the 3rd ens eng on my galaxy r basicly useless as eng has 5 powers at eng 4 of which share global cool downs the other shares global with 2 other widely used tac/sci teams.

Sci has like 9 or so ens powers, tac has 7 i think. Eng needs some low level diversity.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Am going to throw my 2 cents in here and say that everyone has a different opinion on what is a 'good' extra console slot and what is a 'dump' console slot is.

I will use my favourite class of ship the Galaxy R as an example, this ship is mocked by some for it's slow turn rate and lack of offensive power, while I 'might' agree on the offensive short falls I have no problem with it's turn rate because I know how to use the ship to it's full affect.

Which is a tank/support ship and the new extra Sci console slot will allow me to increase my healing potential if I choose to remove my Saucer separation console from time to time, or alternately increase the effectiveness of my Tractor Beam when I use my more offensive set-up.

In the end these extra console slots will benefit different players in different ways, some call it OP, others may call it a disadvantage, in all comes down to the individual and so far am liking these changes, am even thinking of ditching my Defiant's Cloak as I don't care for it that much
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP_Dodgers View Post
Am going to throw my 2 cents in here and say that everyone has a different opinion on what is a 'good' extra console slot and what is a 'dump' console slot is.

I will use my favourite class of ship the Galaxy R as an example, this ship is mocked by some for it's slow turn rate and lack of offensive power, while I 'might' agree on the offensive short falls I have no problem with it's turn rate because I know how to use the ship to it's full affect.

Which is a tank/support ship and the new extra Sci console slot will allow me to increase my healing potential if I choose to remove my Saucer separation console from time to time, or alternately increase the effectiveness of my Tractor Beam when I use my more offensive set-up.

In the end these extra console slots will benefit different players in different ways, some call it OP, others may call it a disadvantage, in all comes down to the individual and so far am liking these changes, am even thinking of ditching my Defiant's Cloak as I don't care for it that much
Defiant's cloak might be good for PVP but maybe not when you run the new Featured Episodes... so having the option to switch it out is nice.

I'm willing to ditch the Transwarp capabilities if I don't get another console slot... I definitely will ditch it if I get an extra SCI console slot though.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-14-2011, 07:34 PM
The Galaxy-R has to have an extra science. The Galaxy-X is the offensive version of the ship and it should have an extra tactical. The differentiation between the two should be based on the consoles. Maybe the Gal-R is weak, but then oh well. It makes sense to give people the option of going either more tactical or more sciency with the different versions of the Galaxy.

It gives people more options for how they customize their ship. And, really, a single tac console isn't going to make or break the Gal-R. It will do slightly less damage than the Gal-X or Assault Cruiser, but not that much less. I'd agree with switching it up so the Gal-R has a bit more in the way of science boff slots.
Closed Thread