Lt. Commander
# 11
02-22-2012, 09:50 AM
eh, no thanks. maybe for well known systems like cardassia or betazed should thye ever be added.

P.S. anyone notice the date on the first post?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
I'm sure they "want" to do it, but something somewhere is limiting them. It seems they "want" to do a lot, but something is always limiting them. Manpower, Money, Cups in the kitchen, something....

at some point one begins to wonder how they get anything done with all the limits and things dragging them down.
The same way that any company in the history of anything ever gets/got anything done. Are you unaware that all companies have limitations?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
LOL I love when players decide what's easy or hard.

Sorry, this is a monumental undertaking. Yes, the assets are there, but there is a lot more to it than just saving them off to a new map. 90% of that would would be done by design, who's already pretty swamped.

I can imagine us slowly opening up more systems as we proceed, but I don't think it will ever be everything. Sorry :/
I wanna go to rura penthe for a social zone LOL
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:

Sorry, this is a monumental undertaking. Yes, the assets are there, but there is a lot more to it than just saving them off to a new map. 90% of that would would be done by design, who's already pretty swamped.

I can imagine us slowly opening up more systems as we proceed, but I don't think it will ever be everything. Sorry :/
LOL I love when devs decide what's fun or not....
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Oh, I just assume everything the Devs do is hard and then propose it anyway
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-22-2012, 05:29 PM
I remember during Closed Beta that quite a few systems like P'Jem were open as both social zones and mission zones.

At the time, the devs didn't have good UI distinctions between beaming down to do a mission on the planet or beaming down to the social zone. It caused confusion with players. For example, someone would hear about an awesome mission to do on P'Jem but when they got there it was an empty map (the social zone).

As a result, Cryptic decided to scrap the option to beam down to many planets as social areas. This is one of those forgotten features that they never really went back to fix.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:

You know what I would love to see?

An interview or column where Dan Stahl or somebody tells us "one thing you didn't realize (each department) had to do."

I suspect content stays swamped with things like bug fixes, given their handling of asset placements, but I know they're probably a high work department that takes a lot of heat right now, without people understanding what they do and why we can never have enough people on that team as players.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Um, we can't get them to delete a few stupid popups on Andoria and you ask for this?