Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Do the majority of the people in this game still play mission-only events ? Do you guys/gals not PVP or PVE? What is it about the game that leaves you longing for the good old days back on the older games that you fell in love with? How do you feel about playing those older games, but with one significant difference-- it takes place in a more modern setting?

If you liked to play SFC3 (Starfleet Command III) or any of the other strategy-based tactical space games, and you really enjoyed it, I've got a place for you! (not to exclude legacy.. even though it was horrid).

That's right! I'm talking about Ker'rat!

Ker'rat can fill this "void" you have been feeling about the game. It can help to bring back some of what is either no longer supported, has no active servers, or you simply can't to play correctly on higher versions of the Windows O/S that the game doesn't support?

For those who like some smack talk in chat window... we've got that too!!!! sometimes you just have to go grab some popcorn and watch it all unravel. You can also participate if you want.

Learn how to play really well by observing others' tactics and strategies. Learn to play in a virtual space-based modern game that has no limits in space fights, except what the devs impose.

You'll learn the different strengths and weaknesses of each ship, officers, and what is most effective at blowing someone out of the stars!

That chat window may say you suck after you are blown up, but don't let that get to you. Keep working on it and and if you put your mind to it, you'll have some very challenging and fulfilling games!

You can, of course, take a break and do the mission too from time to time. Actually, the Borg make it a little more interesting sometimes.

This means that there is definitely a community and culture within our small corner of the universe that is often neglected by everyone (including the devs *ahem* ) Quite simply... we need more players!

Come one and all who really miss true PVP and PVE action! Ker'rat is waiting for you!

This place could become so much greater than it is, and Cryptic would have no choice but to go back and make it truly more awesome than it already is!
Lt. Commander
# 2 Day's of our Karrat Lives :D
10-14-2011, 04:31 PM
How true, and well said.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Agreed

In fact it's the ONLY map / mission that keeps me leaving the game. :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-14-2011, 04:56 PM
May the gank be with you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Well said. i'll have to make a point of stopping in there tonight. thanks for the inspiration to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Maybe now Kerrat isn't great as before but I still love this place and I'm siting there a lot while waiting for PVP. I've found there almost all my best friends and I've joined the evil Razor fleet. Now It's past but anyway If you're looking for good: fun, smack talk, heroes ("it took 5 of you to kill me"), revenge and farmers / good loot sellers...etc - everything what's good in this dying game, Kerrat still should be your number 1 destination.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Eh... no. Sorry, not much into getting ganked constantly by FOTM builds.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Yes yes yes but do you have cheesecake? I can't be tempted for less... :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant_Lavar
Eh... no. Sorry, not much into getting ganked constantly by FOTM builds.
There are always some who can't put their mind to it and learn to overcome getting ganked.

Good Journies to You
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-15-2011, 08:09 PM
I'd like to see more open-ended PvP grounds similar to Ker'rat with objectives to obtain. I'd like to see capturable starbases/planets in a given sector, which gives buffs to anyone in that sector who is a member of the controlling faction

Right now, PvP is relatively dry. I remember seeing something a while back listing a few of my above ideas as 'works in progress,' I'd like to know if that is still actually being worked on or if it was scrapped.