Lt. Commander
# 11
10-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Fleet Action Focus: We plan to focus on specific Fleet Actions, making it easier to get full groups during that hour since everyone will be wanting to play the same one. Extra rewards will be granted.
Thanks. Hope to see a lot of variety in events. Even if some events are only a weekly thing for example, or a seasonal thing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Mirror Universe Incursion: Characters level 11 to 51 join via the PvE queue and fight a mirror universe attack while teamed with your fellow players. Players earn 5x kill XP during this event, so this is a great way to level up. There are separate time windows for Federation and KDF incursions
It would be nice if rather this was just "Incursion" with a different enemy each time. Alternate between KDF, Rom, Card/Dom, MU, Borg, Undine, Breen, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-14-2011, 08:01 PM
It would be great if there was a foundry spotlight where a selected foundry mission was selected to provide extra rewards like dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-14-2011, 08:07 PM
The most interesting piece in this post, I think, was the mention of the KDF Academy, which I wasn't expecting to see until well after F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Very nice.
Its something ive always felt STO was missing, a bit of events and stuff.

Now if only we could have "random events" happen.
Heh. I don't know what's more surprising: the 5x xp for an event (are the Borg events that much?) or that Alexraptor had positive feedback. I think its the later. Nice job Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-14-2011, 08:43 PM
These things are indeed fun, but the Tour the Universe event needs to be more worth the time. I know Gozer's working on improving it, so it's a wait and see.

But the Fleet Action Focus worries me because people been asking for over a year to fix the Fleet Actions. This is primarily why nobody even bothers with them anymore.
  • Gekli has been broken for a year.
  • DS9 is offline.
  • Crystaline Enity is only doable by a coordinated effort in a Private Queue.
  • Big Dig takes tooooooo long and was not modified for the new Ground Combat.
  • Scout Force too needs tweeked for the new Ground Combat, and the Klingon version needs to have those objectives fixed.
  • Minefield, well Klingons get it easy with their version while Federation have to go through 4 heavily guarded asteroids to get their objectives.
  • SB24 - people want the ground portion back so they can do the mission.

And most people I talk to rather have the old non-queued Fleet Actions back.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firix
Oh neat!

Should definately make things more interesting when they all go live

Woot!

Question: Will we also get things like Halloween/Christmas/New Year events? (Star Trek themed ofc)
that is a great question! with special themed rewards that you can only get at that time of yr during those events!. that would be awesome.

World of ******** have it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
These things are indeed fun, but the Tour the Universe event needs to be more worth the time. I know Gozer's working on improving it, so it's a wait and see.

But the Fleet Action Focus worries me because people been asking for over a year to fix the Fleet Actions. This is primarily why nobody even bothers with them anymore.
  • Gekli has been broken for a year.
  • DS9 is offline.
  • Crystaline Enity is only doable by a coordinated effort in a Private Queue.
  • Big Dig takes tooooooo long and was not modified for the new Ground Combat.
  • Scout Force too needs tweeked for the new Ground Combat, and the Klingon version needs to have those objectives fixed.
  • Minefield, well Klingons get it easy with their version while Federation have to go through 4 heavily guarded asteroids to get their objectives.
  • SB24 - people want the ground portion back so they can do the mission.

Agreed. I would be nice if those were fixed before the changes hits Holodeck. However, I doubt that will happen so please don't put them in events or the PvE queues. Seems obvious but these are the kind of things that get overlooked.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
What's wrong with queued Fleet Actions?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-14-2011, 10:10 PM
I like the idea of the Fleet actions being added in, but they need to be polished first.

The Big Dig needs to stop having use run through the same place 5 times, and have all the mobs re-spawn every few minutes, its not fun, its a huge freakin grind.

Gelki herding has never worked well/right, and its very easy to bug one out making the even impossible to complete.

Gorn Minefield needs to have re-spawns turned off. When you kill a ship it shouldn't come back.

Klingon Scout Force I think is one of the best done Fleet Actions, mostly because after you clear a zone it doesn't re-spawn, except the defense platforms. It would be nice if the cloud effect around the boss ship was toned down a bit.

SB24 is also pretty good, except for phase 2 spawning on top of phase 1, often letting you get creamed if you are too far in trying to kill ships.

As for the overall events system, I think more overlap is needed, and some events should maybe run for longer blocks of time. Its a bit of a bummer when the current event is KDF and I'm not, and I'm sure they feel the same way about FED events while no KDF ones are up.