Lt. Commander
# 21
10-14-2011, 09:29 PM
You guys @ Cryptic really know how to hide a dilithium grindfest behind a shinny "Event" don't ya?
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
You guys @ Cryptic really know how to hide a dilithium grindfest behind a shinny "Event" don't ya?
lol.

Eh, some of the newer events (Mirror especially) are pretty cool, anyway. But yeah, some of the older stuff needs to be fixed as well, and added back for players. The older current broken stuffr.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen D'Angelo
We have additional events in development to provide even more options to players. Some of the ones we expect to try out on Tribble in the next few weeks include:

Borg Ground Invasion: Our first large-scale ground combat event map. We're having fun playing this one in the office and are looking forward to it getting on Tribble.
When this event is released on Tribble players can discuss the event with other players by joining the REDALERT [TTS] channel, and for Holodeck it will simply be the REDALERT channel.

See my signature for more info.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-14-2011, 11:01 PM
I look forward to testing the new events Cryptic has in mind. There are quite a few things with the existing ones which still require fixing and testing however. In addition to the DOff system, the new events system should add a lot more variety to the end-game player.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-14-2011, 11:46 PM
So confused . . . .

So much . . . positive . . . feedback . . . . in this thread . . .

don't . . . under . . . stand . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZD8sJL3qhw
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-15-2011, 12:20 AM
"Foundry Expedition: Play Foundry content during this hour to gain extra rewards."

can we have some more info on how this will work?

there are missions that can take several HOURS (and you do NOT know it when you randomly start one), how will those work with an hourly event?

there are also endless of these *one click* exploit missions to get that daily done in no time...
(which for sure have all been reported multiple times and not been pulled).
i fear an additional reward, that is also time limited, will only drive more players to these *click the console* missions.

seriously... something intelligent has to be done about those.
( if you start banning, i fear the server would be empty afterwards )

maybe the wrapper quest could be changed into *spend one hour in foundry mission maps*... instead of *complete 3/3*. at the very least that would stop the exploit-missions from working... and we also could get a proper reward for missions that take forever
my worst foundry mission so far took me 5 hours to complete (lots and lots of text, but awesome story and maps), and i had to do it in 2 afternoons... result 1/3 of the daily finished *duh*...
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-15-2011, 01:09 AM
these live events are a good move, especially in such a fragmented game instance wise it's a good way to get us in the smae place.

I'd like to suggest making some of these revolve around certain pvp maps as well, as currently pvp is a long wait to get in on , some incentive and direction would help in getting maps to launch.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-15-2011, 01:22 AM
I've mentioned it before but now that there is a blog about this new UI I'll say it here too.

This needs to be tied in to the Fleet Events UI so that if a fleet have an event coming up their members can see it here as well when it is about to happen.

Why?

Becuase let's face it, how many time do we open up the Journal UI with this new feature and how often do we use the Fleet UI?

The Journal UI is used much more often and it does have a natural connection that Events would be viewable in a Calendar.

So please make it so.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Nothing to moan about in this F2P Blog...
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilPhil
So confused . . . .

So much . . . positive . . . feedback . . . . in this thread . . .

don't . . . under . . . stand . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZD8sJL3qhw
oh here goes just to keep the universe from collapsing.

Im not sure about the borg invasion being an event (assuming it is as it sounds). i was hoping that would be an open map you could drop in an out of rather than on a timer. i understand that the map missions may work on a timer itself but it would be nice to visit the map any time during the day and have maybe one or two smaller missions there, then the borg attacks occur at certain times.

or i would hope that maybe that cycles around fair quickly, as not everybody can play at the hours listed on the window. I just think it would be bad if certain people miss it because the window does not coincide with their free time and real life.