Lt. Commander
# 1 Rear Admiral grindfest = FAIL
10-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I decided to give the discount tokens they put in for new ships at rank up a chance, and this is what i arrived at.

New Ship at Commander was tolerable.
New Ship at Captain was annoying.
New Ship at Rear Admiral Lower Half was bloody intolerable and FAIL required me to get 10k more dilithium.

Yay I ranked up to Rear Admiral 1, cool give me my ship so i can continue playing and leveling... wtf? you mean i not only have to grind for HOURS to get enough dilithium? I also have to wait an entire DAY or MORE because i can only refine 8k dilithium a day?
Yeah.... its total BS.

Now when I play casually I usually only do a couple of dailies a day and a few other activities, that means the time it would take me to get a new ship would be anywhere from a few days to a BLOODY WEEK
A week of my time wasted on a grind, no story progression, no leveling, nothing but a grind in a gimped ship!
I also hate being forced to grind, i hate exploration and i hate 75% of the REPETITIVE dailies.
GIVE US BACK OUR FREE SHIP TOKENS ALREADY!

Seriously, this nonsense has to stop already, with this the game is no longer FUN.
Either put back the free ship tokens or drasticly raise the refinement cap and make ALL missions give dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-11-2011, 02:14 PM
they wont do that because soon they will have c-store ships at every level. You will be given a choice: grind for a week or spend $ at the c-store
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWY777
they wont do that because soon they will have c-store ships at every level. You will be given a choice: grind for a week or spend $ at the c-store
Yeah, but remember, that does not work, because the C-Store ships don't allow you to complete the promotion missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I had zero issue getting my ship at RALH, personally. I even had several thousand dilithium left over too.

Still could do with more dilithium though, obviously.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-11-2011, 03:04 PM
You cant even get 8000 dilithium to refine anyways, the whole system id borked!
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-11-2011, 03:32 PM
You guys are wrong I'm sorry to say and not paying attention. I got a Feddy commander sitting on 50k Dilithium right now. Go do your daylies. DO you academy stuff, and do your exploration DOFF missions. .. for that matter, just go do your DOFF missions. Now my Fed VA is Borked because she was my first toon. I want to send all her DOFF's off to the commnader and delete her to restart her. Made a bunch of mistakes when I created her, and made VA before the first patch was out. I have no idea why theres not more VA's running around.

quit grip'n and get to mov'n.. Ya know, it could be worse, you could be playing KDF..

oh wait..

I'm being mean..*sigh!*

My KDF is LT General and is flyng the Vorcha retrofit., and all of the ship weapons areMk XI Purples, with Mk XI Blue consoles..And the full Aegis set.... Crafting ya know... Kinda hoping that the next C-store stipernd is nuff to get the Vorcha refit if its made availible next patch.. if its not I'll prolly blow it on the KDF Academy uniform pack and more DOFF packs.
And my ground combat gear is also all Purples.. Just started doing STF's today... now THATS grinding.. gonna puruse the forums and see what the low down is on getting the elite gear.. its NOT obvious and i want the KDF Honor Guard set so bad I can taste it. both space and ground.. Not seeing the right kind of Salvage drop and I want to know why. And if a crummy old non "leet" ROLEPLAYER like me can do it... then it should be aesy mode for you leet types..
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I decided to give the discount tokens they put in for new ships at rank up a chance, and this is what i arrived at.

New Ship at Commander was tolerable.
New Ship at Captain was annoying.
New Ship at Rear Admiral Lower Half was bloody intolerable and FAIL required me to get 10k more dilithium.

Yay I ranked up to Rear Admiral 1, cool give me my ship so i can continue playing and leveling... wtf? you mean i not only have to grind for HOURS to get enough dilithium? I also have to wait an entire DAY or MORE because i can only refine 8k dilithium a day?
Yeah.... its total BS.

Now when I play casually I usually only do a couple of dailies a day and a few other activities, that means the time it would take me to get a new ship would be anywhere from a few days to a BLOODY WEEK
A week of my time wasted on a grind, no story progression, no leveling, nothing but a grind in a gimped ship!
I also hate being forced to grind, i hate exploration and i hate 75% of the REPETITIVE dailies.
GIVE US BACK OUR FREE SHIP TOKENS ALREADY!

Seriously, this nonsense has to stop already, with this the game is no longer FUN.
Either put back the free ship tokens or drasticly raise the refinement cap and make ALL missions give dilithium.
I'm calling BS on you, sir.

Have had virtual NO problem getting ships at level up while doing almost NO grinding. So, I'm saying that your full of crap.

THAT...and all the options for getting dillitheum is not even in place yet. So, your whining about an 'imagined' issue which will be greatly alleviated by the time the game leaves beta.

Additionally, your "solution" of leaving the token in sucks. I'm sitting on token in holodeck that will never get used. I would much prefer a currency that can actually be used for something should I decide that I would rather have a ship off the c-store.

...AND skill points are rediculously high on Tribble for fast progression for testing purposes. Once, the right amount of skill points are rewarded you will naturally accumulate all the dillitheum you need for ship purchases.

Guy...you want a game with NO grinding, go play solitaire.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Then you are alone, because it seems to me that the vast majority want the Ship tokens back in.

Additionally I'm sure you have dilithium from doing your dailies and your exploration missions like a good little boy.
But i personally do not enjoy doing them, and until now nobody ever "forced" me to.

Like i said, free ship tokens "OR" have ALL missions reward dilithium.

In addition, any system that allows for ANY possibility of getting snagged so you cannot progress normally is horribly flawed, and an 8k dilithium refinement cap does just that.
I shudder to even think of what mess Vice Admiral will be once its fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Then you are alone, because it seems to me that the vast majority want the Ship tokens back in.

Additionally I'm sure you have dilithium from doing your dailies and your exploration missions like a good little boy.
But i personally do not enjoy doing them, and until now nobody ever "forced" me to.

Like i said, free ship tokens "OR" have ALL missions reward dilithium.

In addition, any system that allows for ANY possibility of getting snagged so you cannot progress normally is horribly flawed, and an 8k dilithium refinement cap does just that.
I shudder to even think of what mess Vice Admiral will be once its fixed.
LoL sorry alex you are wrong. The majority like the new way. See i can speak in plurality too. Chill out and wait, they really should take yer tribble privileges away so you can relax before you have a stroke.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-11-2011, 04:26 PM
You guys are wrong I'm sorry to say and not paying attention. I got a Feddy commander sitting on 50k Dilithium right now. Go do your daylies. DO you academy stuff, and do your exploration DOFF missions. .. for that matter, just go do your DOFF missions. Now my Fed VA is Borked because she was my first toon. I want to send all her DOFF's off to the commnader and delete her to restart her. Made a bunch of mistakes when I created her, and made VA before the first patch was out. I have no idea why theres not more VA's running around.

quit grip'n and get to mov'n.. Ya know, it could be worse, you could be playing KDF..

oh wait..

I'm being mean..*sigh!*

My KDF is LT General and is flyng the Vorcha retrofit., and all of the ship weapons areMk XI Purples, with Mk XI Blue consoles..And the full Aegis set.... Crafting ya know... Kinda hoping that the next C-store stipernd is nuff to get the Vorcha refit if its made availible next patch.. if its not I'll prolly blow it on the KDF Academy uniform pack and more DOFF packs.
And my ground combat gear is also all Purples.. Just started doing STF's today... now THATS grinding.. gonna puruse the forums and see what the low down is on getting the elite gear.. its NOT obvious and i want the KDF Honor Guard set so bad I can taste it. both space and ground.. Not seeing the right kind of Salvage drop and I want to know why. And if a crummy old non "leet" ROLEPLAYER like me can do it... then it should be aesy mode for you leet types..