Lt. Commander
# 11
10-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
Warzones are good for a purple if you win.

Also, play on elite.
I haven't played a lot on Holo in about 1.5 months, but at that time, Elite Loot was bugged. I played for 5 days and got like 6 Uncommons and 1 rare total. On Advanced, I was getting that much every day. I don't know if they've fixed this or not.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
So playing on increase difficulty, reward you with higher quality gear.. As for the in-game description all it said was the loot chance/quality will be the same just the challenge step up..
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I actually got a Purple bridge officer I still have yet to have my join my crew or use as trainer. I bought it from the Exchange for cheap without realizing what rarity it was, months ago.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre256 View Post
So playing on increase difficulty, reward you with higher quality gear.. As for the in-game description all it said was the loot chance/quality will be the same just the challenge step up..
That is what I gathered from the description of it as well, even though I do play on advanced. Have the developers confirmed that your chances of receiving better loot are higher with the increased difficulty setting?
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockonator View Post
That is what I gathered from the description of it as well, even though I do play on advanced. Have the developers confirmed that your chances of receiving better loot are higher with the increased difficulty setting?
I don't think it will, unless there in-game description is all wrong...
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
. Have the developers confirmed that your chances of receiving better loot are higher with the increased difficulty setting?

Hmm, yea. There are many arguments both supporting and arguing the imbalance of such a feature. I am going to go ahead and assume that you in fact to not have a better chance of receiving better loot. Unless a Dev would like to confirm the opposite?
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Hmm, yea. There are many arguments both supporting and arguing the imbalance of such a feature. I am going to go ahead and assume that you in fact to not have a better chance of receiving better loot. Unless a Dev would like to confirm the opposite?
It's not uncommon to get 2 rare drops during a single exploration mission with 3 players on advanced. I doubt I just become really unlucky when I play alone on normal.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-17-2011, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I had 2 Very Rare drops (not counting STF's and Warzones):

1: Armor from first Deferi EP

2: A shield In a DSE in GammaO

And I've played since headstart.

So yea... they are that rare... at least untill you hit VA, at wich time, VR stuff becomes common, cause you can pick it up at every vendor and their brother.
You there! Can I ask you what uniform components you are using in your signature picture for the federation side? i.e. coat and belt? great combo.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-17-2011, 07:37 AM
On tribble, I got a green and a blue drop in a single mission while playing on normal. I've also gotten a few other blue drops from a few missions before that, all on normal. Since the gated all the good stuff, I think the rate of good drops is increasing.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
I've only gotten a couple Very Rares and a handful of Rares as loot drops and I've been playing since beta. So yeah, pretty darn rare.

Z
A handful of rare drops. Now thats strange. Ive been playing not so very long (But I leveled up my first few toons on elite) and I got more then a handful of Blue's, whole inventories full of it. (Soloing)
Team up with your friends on elite, and u get even more.

For purples, you're right. They hardly drop just like that. I think more people in team, more chance of a purple drop. (or blue drops even).

You're better off trying to win a Fleet action.