Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
it has been 30 years or something since Voyager returned to the Alpha Quadrant...Why isnt it standard equipment on all the STO ships. just as thought?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupAJ1M View Post
it has been 30 years or something since Voyager returned to the Alpha Quadrant...Why isnt it standard equipment on all the STO ships. just as thought?
maybe they dont have the means to fully reverse engineer it yet. and it would create unbalance toward klinks (as if there isnt allready )

i guess they could add a "material" to make it look as though its armoured but no stats etc. just an idea
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-15-2011, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
maybe they dont have the means to fully reverse engineer it yet. and it would create unbalance toward klinks (as if there isnt allready )

i guess they could add a "material" to make it look as though its armoured but no stats etc. just an idea
Temporal what's their name could have taken it away so as not to pollute the timeline[/flimsy answer]
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-15-2011, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
Temporal what's their name could have taken it away so as not to pollute the timeline[/flimsy answer]
party poopers lol, i dont think they would of took it away as its only fixed to one ship of there time and even with fed tech i dont think its easy for them to just reverse engineer anything they touch but thats my personal view on it who knows.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-15-2011, 03:17 AM
I've thought that armor would be a cool addition to the game as a console for the intrepid class.

But even though decades have passed since future Janeway brought that technology back to her past self, maybe the Department of Temporal Investigations still won't allow it to be used.

Or, more than likely, Temporal Investigations destroyed it shortly after Voyager returned to the Alpha quadrant to prevent it from polluting the current timeline with technology that came from a future alternate timeline. And since Janeway never went back in time in the "normal" timeline, the technology was never created so it doesn't exist for us.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-15-2011, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Chronos
I've thought that armor would be a cool addition to the game as a console for the intrepid class.

But even though decades have passed since future Janeway brought that technology back to her past self, maybe the Department of Temporal Investigations still won't allow it to be used.

Or, more than likely, Temporal Investigations destroyed it shortly after Voyager returned to the Alpha quadrant to prevent it from polluting the current timeline with technology that came from a future alternate timeline. And since Janeway never went back in time in the "normal" timeline, the technology was never created so it doesn't exist for us.
it's on the refit (VA) if you have not seen it =]

it's pretty much useless, at least compared to what it should do... all it does is make you ALMOST invulnrable for like 10 seconds, during this time you canot return fire.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-15-2011, 03:31 AM
i thought torpedoes still worked?
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-15-2011, 03:42 AM
i would love that skill to become available to all ships now but i think this was said before that the time it would take to do the effects for all ships would be to long but i stil want it
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-15-2011, 03:43 AM
Why aren't we equipped with http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Metaphasic_shield but some random minor races have it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-15-2011, 04:32 AM
Lets just say it involved section 31.